The Coleman Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mantles on the lantern will last for decades as long as they're not broken or an insect big enough to damage them gets inside the globe (*before it gets cooked). I've had very good luck with the older, vintage Coleman Silk-Lite brand for brightness, and a good price is anywhere around $4/ea, shipped. The new stock Coleman 21A mantles - I prefer tie-on vs. metal clips - are thinner, maybe more durable due to having less mass and a bit of shock resistance, but not as bright.

Stock up now, the vintage ones are getting harder to find, and shohld be considered consumables if you travel with your lantern. Try putting it on top of a heavy jacket or blanket for better bounce vs. shock when on the trail, too.

Originally used as luggage carts at railroad depots. Make great coffee tables, overbuilt like Landcruisers.

View attachment 2530740
Did you buy it like that or just stumble on it on some swap meet? Very nice! Thanks for sharing. Hijack over back to Coleman program.

FB31A6FD-8EBD-4021-9622-F6528870DB11.jpeg

Merry Christmas Cruiser Heads!

Those are all in immaculate condition. You even got a nice Christmas 200A in there,

I did not know this thread existed! I should have known that cruiser guys were into Coleman stuff too. God help me, I'm never going to get off this forum. Here is a few pictures of some of my latest fettles. I went to the 127 yard sale this year and only saw overpriced 200A's and a s***pot full of stoves. A few NIB 425 stoves followed me home, but sadly no lanterns.

The 500 Speedmaster is Canadian 1942 production date with the Coleman sunshine stamped on the generator, I've been told that those generators are quite rare. I do cook with it, just because its cool cooking with an almost 80 year old appliance.

20191214_205128.jpg

20191205_195611.jpg

IMG_0435.JPG

20200311_184950.jpg

20201018_195930.jpg

Found this on FB Marketplace.

Details​

• Condition
    Used – fair
  • Brand
    Coleman
$15 any choice I have twenty five Coleman camp stoves of various models in two and three burner sizes, in various conditions. I have not tested any of them. Some are nicer than others. I’m pricing them as such they may or may not work, can be restored or used for parts.

1610058661864.png

1610058684077.png

I've decided to get into powder coating for two reasons. Our local powder folk are super high on price with low quality results, and I want to be able to provide better durability and corrosion protection than paint to my cruiser projects. My first test piece was a 228 fount that was peeling the original paint badly. Turned out pretty good for my first try.

20210106_115340.jpg

20210106_121857.jpg

20210106_123210.jpg

I've decided to get into powder coating for two reasons. Our local powder folk are super high on price with low quality results, and I want to be able to provide better durability and corrosion protection than paint to my cruiser projects. My first test piece was a 228 fount that was peeling the original paint badly. Turned out pretty good for my first try.

View attachment 2546963

View attachment 2546966

View attachment 2546967
Sand blast them, and the coating will last even longer.
it does look sharp!
what powder did you use?

:hmm:

Coleman Iron.jpg

I posted this elsewhere, but we've had some bad weather recently, and things came in handy...

Coleman1.jpeg

Great lamp, but let's talk about that stove!
Old Wedgewood, from the fifties maybe? They were built to last a hundred years.

Like a Land Cruiser.

:cool:

You guys ever seen a coleman stove? Not like a little stove, like a Stove Stove.
I've got one. Can't recall the # no pics here. I've found advertisements but as far as Google knows mine is the only one in existence of this particular model.

I've got one. Can't recall the # no pics here. I've found advertisements but as far as Google knows mine is the only one in existence of this particular model.
I've got one hiding. I should have referred to these as a "Range". Its on my project list when we build our new home. It will be super handy for canning meat and vegetables after communism overwhelms us, that is if I don't die in the war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom