The canal boat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I broke a flare quite a while ago and took them off. I never liked the holes but didn't want to deal with the work to weld and paint the land cruiser.

I bought what I was told was a 1991 flare. Either usdm and JDM cruisers have different flares and fenders or it wasn't the correct year. I had to drill a new hole to mount it and it didn't quite fit the JDM over flares that are wider than stock. But it's close enough for my beater.

I also pulled out the da and buffed the ole girl.

20230529_113044.jpg
20230529_113033.jpg
20230528_201924.jpg
20230528_184442.jpg

Nothing big

Oil change after my long trip. Sent the oil off for analysis. I had a few sketchy ones and I'd this matches I'll be doing big end bearings.

Few parts showed up from partsouq.

New oil pressure switch. Couple of switch blanks and the last two belt mouldings for the doors.

20230612_161202.jpg

20230612_161421.jpg

20230612_161511.jpg

I got bored and started it without the muffler on. I might need to get their berserker pipe.

3" downpipe?

I made a 4" down pipe for my hdj81, and with full exhaust, no muffler it was embarrassing to drive! Loud AF

I cringed every morning starting it at 5 am to drive through a quiet neighbourhood to go to work for the few weeks if took me to order and fit a muffler

My lazy ass finally finished it.
The gf wants to go to the mountains this weekend and I'm taking it to Oregon the 4th so I ran out of lazy time.

The paint recommendeds 3 heat cycles. 10 min idle. 20 min cool. 20 min idle. 20 min cool. 30 min drive, cool to ambient.

I've finished 2 of the three. I'll do the third on my way to work.

20230727_113735.jpg
20230727_113728.jpg
20230727_113721.jpg

I took my lightning to work last night. I've been driving the land cruiser a lot between the road trip and the Datsun being at the exhaust shop.

Came home this morning to a small 2" puddle under the front end. Crawled under and looked up and saw coolant.

I followed the leak up to the water pump.

I also noticed a small amount in the radiator on what looks like a pinhole leak.

1000006932.jpg

So I ordered a new radiator.

Part #16400-17020. @OGBeno had posted this in other hd threads. It's a manual radiator so no trans cooler. But as I've already bypassed my radiator in favor of a large external, it's a match made in heaven.

I ordered an Asian water pump from @cruiseroutfit and while I was under the front end I noticed my tre would knock about if I hit the drag link. So, a tre kit and a new stabilizer went in the shopping cart too.

Parts for the water pump and front end should be here by Wednesday. I'll tear it apart tomorrow and Monday I suppose. Hopefully my datsun gets done soon. 7mpg on the race truck makes for a s***ty daily.

In the spirit of might as well...

I've been debating a valve adjustment. And my hardlines on the turbo is leaking.

So I ordered the sst for valves. Gaskets for the valve cover, and intake crossover tube. A new hardlines and gasket.

Oh and I wanted the correct grille. So I have one on order.

I'll order shims if needed once I do the work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom