The Beer Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bourbonBarrel2.jpg

A Silky American Stout delicately aged in 2005 Bourbon barrels for approximately 60 days. The malt sweetness is perfectly balanced by the roast barley and a nice hint of bourbon flavor and aroma. The bourbon barrel stout was first brewed December 22, 2005.

I had this at Fredericksburg Pub in Fredericksburg VA...outstanding beer. Very high alcohol content and they wont sell it in SC. Pub imported entire bar from britain...run nitrogen in lines...clean them every month completely. Plus bartenders and waitresses all wear Catholic School Girl short short skirts for women. For Brian, the guys are in kilts...hahahahahaha

Did anyone catch the Brewmaster show on Discovery done by guy from Dogfish Head Brewing Company...last night they poured $500,000 worth of 120 IPA down the floor drain. :(
Brew Masters : Discovery Channel

Sounds like a flying saucer style place..... besides the kilts.

bourbonBarrel2.jpg

A Silky American Stout delicately aged in 2005 Bourbon barrels for approximately 60 days. The malt sweetness is perfectly balanced by the roast barley and a nice hint of bourbon flavor and aroma. The bourbon barrel stout was first brewed December 22, 2005.

I had this at Fredericksburg Pub in Fredericksburg VA...outstanding beer. Very high alcohol content and they wont sell it in SC. Pub imported entire bar from britain...run nitrogen in lines...clean them every month completely. Plus bartenders and waitresses all wear Catholic School Girl short short skirts for women. For Brian, the guys are in kilts...hahahahahaha

Did anyone catch the Brewmaster show on Discovery done by guy from Dogfish Head Brewing Company...last night they poured $500,000 worth of 120 IPA down the floor drain. :(
Brew Masters : Discovery Channel

If you are ever in the Salisbury area, I highly suggest making a stop at Salty Caper: Welcome

This brick oven pizza joint is not your ordinary pub. Andy, the manager, always has unique beers on tap or RARE beers in bottle. Last week I enjoyed two of "Wake Up Dead Imperial Stouts" from Left Hand Brewery. YUM.

wake_up_dead_barrel_aged_bottle_and_glass_292019820.png

Left Hand Brewing Company

That sounds really cool.

If you are ever in the Salisbury area, I highly suggest making a stop at Salty Caper: Welcome

This brick oven pizza joint is not your ordinary pub. Andy, the manager, always has unique beers on tap or RARE beers in bottle. Last week I enjoyed two of "Wake Up Dead Imperial Stouts" from Left Hand Brewery. YUM.

wake_up_dead_barrel_aged_bottle_and_glass_292019820.png

Left Hand Brewing Company

This one fits in many categories, but I'll post here. I saw a heep advertising this website on my way up to New Jersey for Thanksgiving and had to check it out.

Arctic Alchemy - Discoveries of the Red Hand

Seems they're doing(have done) a documentary on an expedition motorcycle trip up to North Canada to brew a batch of this beer, and tell the history of it along the way..

Best of both worlds...

God damn, I love beer. Where to start...

After sampling many types of beer throughout college, including Pabst and Keystone in various forms :hillbilly:, I have decided that my favorite genre is the India Pale Ale. I have had a pretty decent number of them. Here are a few of my favorites:

Most recently I've had the Breckenridge 471 IPA. Without a doubt, the most flavorful IPA I've ever had. Deep earthy flavors, slight hint of malt and moderate hoppiness in the taste, earthy aroma, slighty bitter aftertaste. Delicious:
471 IPA - Breckenridge Brewery - CO - BeerAdvocate
Breckenridge+471+Small+Batch+IPA.jpg

Dogfishead 120 Minute IPA
Strongest IPA I've had to date. Extremely hoppy, high alcohol content. A 6 pack would do me in for a night:
120 Minute IPA - Dogfish Head Craft Brewery - Milton, DE - BeerAdvocate
dsc00790.jpg

Long Hammer IPA
Traditional BIG American IPA. Always a solid choice.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/18134/34688
img_7745.jpg

This has been my favorite of late. Dogfish Head pulled out of Indiana altogether. That sucked, as it was one of my favorite breweries.
bells-two-hearted-ale.jpg

Is it bad I go to most places and can't find a beer I haven't had now?? :hillbilly:

Some cali beer from whole foods. Good stuff.
ForumRunner_20111223_141200.jpg
ForumRunner_20111223_141213.jpg

Southerntier 2X IPA. Best IPA out! I love IPA's. Jonny, never knew they had the 120 minute, must be sold in 2's cause the 90 minute is amazing and I buy it in 4 packs

I'm starting to feel a little IPA'd out.

Right now i've moved on to belgiums for a while and then i'll most likely hit something else as my fall back beer.

I don't like real strong beer. All I kind find here in cali r ipa and stouts. Did have a tangerine flav wheat beer from lost coast brewing that was good.

Stopped by the Triangle Wine Company today at the corner of McCrimmon and Davis. Holy crap do they have a huge selection! They even have beer on tap for you to enjoy while browsing:D
Google Maps

I picked this 6er up to enjoy on this relaxing evening. Pretty mild for a high percentage beer. Not bad at all, but I'm not sure I'd buy it over Dog Fish Head 90 or 120 min.
IMG_20111228_182510.jpg

+1 on triangle wine co.

From my last trip:

image-2955902956.jpg

And saw this :)

image-752705046.jpg

:beer:R
image-2955902956.jpg
image-752705046.jpg

Damn Ramon, nice selection. When are we gonna get together to have a few beers:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom