The Beer Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am officially addicted to the Triangle Wine Co. Here are the two brews I enjoyed last night:
Stone's Double Bastard - Moderately hoppy, tons of malt, high ABV
IMG_20120106_221144.jpg

Ruckus' Hoptimus Prime - Very hoppy, moderately bitter, other flavors muted by the double bastard
IMG_20120106_235450.jpg

A good Bitter.... is something I miss from my London days... very hard to find when you are at a bar... and the take home options are limited also.

One of my, if not my favorite NC beer

Catawba Valley White Zombie Ale

Jacobite%2BAle.jpg

Andrea's pic from Frugals last night.... most money i've ever spent on a 12oz beer but it was worth it and we had a gift certificate.

Can taste orange, coriander, malt and carmel right away and is extremely smooth.... love strong ales

Infinium%20Sam%20Adams.jpg

2nd beer of the night 10.3 ABV... not bad.... not as good as their utopia ale from years back...... still might have a bottle of that floating somewhere.

Is anyone bringing any mason jars to the next event? I was thinking of getting into making some fuel for our cars :D and wondering if anyone had any hints that they could PM. I used to brew beer a little and a tad bit of wine but still barely know what I'm doing. Thinking of brewing up a little Beer as well for the wheeling season.

Is anyone bringing any mason jars to the next event? I was thinking of getting into making some fuel for our cars :D and wondering if anyone had any hints that they could PM. I used to brew beer a little and a tad bit of wine but still barely know what I'm doing. Thinking of brewing up a little Beer as well for the wheeling season.

Yes, I'm bringing some Apple Pie:D If you're planning on making fuel, I'd be willing to become an investor. Anything to reduce our dependence on foreign oil:grinpimp:

Ranger alert, Ranger alert....

The ole' tried-n-true for me tonight. That 471 is pretty good Johnny, have to try it again and log it in my iPhone :D

:beer: R

Have had some Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA over the past few days... evidently it's replacing Glissade for the spring...

I also downed some ranger, followed by a 60 min dogfish. Also had a local brew called swampfox ipa....pretty damn good off the tap. I'm glad there are a lot of IPA fans in the group. Looking forward to drinking your beer next month!:cheers:

Apex - Hopulent. Johnny and I " discovered" this one at Tyler's a few weeks ago. Had to have another tonight while watching Money Ball. Yep, as good as I remembered!

Apex - Hopulent. Johnny and I " discovered" this one at Tyler's a few weeks ago. Had to have another tonight while watching Money Ball. Yep, as good as I remembered!

So there was more at the wine company, good. I'll have to remember that they keep it in stock :D

Had two of these last night, SnakeDog IPA. I thought it was a little bland, but it could be because I had a couple of choice brews at Jerry's, including a little sneak peak of his Big D ( which was AWESOME ). I'm going to try another couple of these SnakeDogs later today and see if I like it any more.
IMG_20120121_211330.jpg

Johnny..... birds of a feather eh? thats exactly what was waiting for me on my return last night.
Pretty similar to the double IPA at Jerry's. Stoudt's I believe.

Johnny..... birds of a feather eh? thats exactly what was waiting for me on my return last night.
Pretty similar to the double IPA at Jerry's. Stoudt's I believe.

Yes sir! I didn't have one of the Stoudt brews, I suppose I should have.

What do you think of the SnakeDog?

Its pretty good. Its got a lil punch to the pallete but not an over the top tasty one I crave. Maybe a little too caramel/sweet and overpowering the hops? I couldnt do justice describing but mostly a generic fallback for when I only wanna make a 1/4mi trip to the teeter and spend less than ten bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom