Builds The Anti-Offroading Family Hauler Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The wife was driving a Panamera GTS for a few years but recently we decided to upgrade to a larger vehicle (kids, vacations, bikes, 3rd row, overall usabailiy...). My daily has been a Lexus for years (ISF and GSF) so we decided to stick with the solid and reliable build of Toyota/Lexus for our SUV needs.

Test drove the 2019 LX and while the interior was beautiful, she preferred how the Land Cruiser drove. So we got a 2019 white/terra ordered...and I started planning out the mods immediately.

Goal was to toughen up the look a little but keep it focused on her use, which was daily work, kids, sports + vacations and trips. Zero intent in ever going off-road...so this is what I landed on.

Realize it’s fish out of water on the forum, but throwing it up anyway :D

Mods:
Wheels: Anrky forged 22”
Tires: Bridgestone 285/45/22
Headlights: Lightwerkz modified/painted housing
Grille: painted black + all the trim/slats are carbon fiber from CarbonPerfect
Foglight Trim: Carbon from CarbonPerfect
Lip: Modellista
Door Moulding: painted

The dark front end on that looks SO much better. Makes me even more jealous of the 16+ front end vs my 13

I love the lights! I think i'll try and grab some.

How much did the headlight job cost, and did the resealing of the housing seem to be quality? I'd be worried about moisture working in there and looking like a Dodge with custom lights and condensation/fade.

The truck looks awesome. There's a lot to be said for keeping it stock as well.

Not my cup of tea, but it's well executed and cohesive. It looks like some of those Russian "special editions" with the blacked out parts.

The Russian front-end mods popped into my head too. :)

Last edited:
Truck looks nice, and I love the clear intentions.

Your use ever does change , you’ve got a clean slate to work with...or not.

Anyway, congrats.

How much did the headlight job cost, and did the resealing of the housing seem to be quality? I'd be worried about moisture working in there and looking like a Dodge with custom lights and condensation/fade.

The truck looks awesome. There's a lot to be said for keeping it stock as well.

Thanks guys. No SC on this one. I modify the hell out of all my other cars (GSF, 996tt, e30m3) but the wife threatened me to keep this semi-normal.

As far as cost of the headlights, it was just under $500 including shipping back to me. They gave me the options of painting over the amber lens which I think came out great in black. I boxed them up in some plastic bins, bubble wrapped inside just to protect against any shipping damage.

Knock on wood, but so far so good on the resealing job. I did a ton of research on them ahead of the project and they seem to do a good job with a lot of headlights, LED kits, etc.

Funny that some of you mention the Russian look. That's actually a lot of what gave me the idea. I even tried to import a set of OEM black-housing headlights, but they wanted stupid money.

Thanks guys. No SC on this one. I modify the hell out of all my other cars (GSF, 996tt, e30m3) but the wife threatened me to keep this semi-normal.

As far as cost of the headlights, it was just under $500 including shipping back to me. They gave me the options of painting over the amber lens which I think came out great in black. I boxed them up in some plastic bins, bubble wrapped inside just to protect against any shipping damage.

Knock on wood, but so far so good on the resealing job. I did a ton of research on them ahead of the project and they seem to do a good job with a lot of headlights, LED kits, etc.

Funny that some of you mention the Russian look. That's actually a lot of what gave me the idea. I even tried to import a set of OEM black-housing headlights, but they wanted stupid money.

Nice modifications. How did you get the grill painted black and the Carbon fiber installed on the grill? Did you have a paint or body shop do this for you? How invasive what it to do this? Did they have to take off the whole grill and multiple parts to do this? Thanks in advance.

Nice modifications. How did you get the grill painted black and the Carbon fiber installed on the grill? Did you have a paint or body shop do this for you? How invasive what it to do this? Did they have to take off the whole grill and multiple parts to do this? Thanks in advance.

I actually picked up a spare grill so I got it all done off the car, but the process is the same.
The carbon parts that come from CarbonPerfect are all the individual slats in CF plus the larger part on top of the grill. The eyebrows that go onto the headlights are a separate part that you order from them, complete replacement. When you remove your stock grill, you will see that the chrome parts are all on there with tabs, so they just pop off and you replace with the CF parts.

When I removed the chrome parts, I had the body shop paint the base grill black instead of the light gray that it normally comes in. And then I snapped the CF parts on top. Pretty straight forward and you can pick your CF weave when you order (i did 2x2)

Off road wheels would have been amazing, but hey.. if you like it that's all that matters. The black accents look great!

Not normally my thing, but wow, this really looks good. I would absolutely do something like this for my wife's next car after seeing what you've done.

Looks sharp. The grill etc looks kind of charcoal vs. a deep black. May just be the photos (e.g., 2nd one), but I actually really like the charcoal look. I'd be a little concerned about the ride being too harsh with 22's and low profile tires on there, but what do I know, I've never tried it. If so, you could always get an airbag suspension to soften the ride, and to let you lower it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom