THE ALL NEW LAND CRUISER.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
from Japanese magazine specializing in the world of SUVs

PHOTO-2018-07-27-15-28-50.jpg

PHOTO-2018-07-27-15-28-50 (1).jpg

21 mpg. 10 speed tranny, 3.4l v6

There goes my 300 dream :frown::cry::flush:

Maybe they will put a more comfy driver seat this time.

The article says the 300 also gets an all new "chassis" - could that possibly mean a departure from the body-on-frame design that has become a hallmark of the Land Cruiser?

:frown:

Don't get too caught up in the components, including the motor. The reality of car iteration and design is that they have set objective targets. Targets that are higher/better/more than of the current platform...especially with a top of the line model like the LC. With tailored traits that are aligned to the intended audience/buyer. They will do trade studies of various configurations, analyzing performance, cost, durability, etc, to make sure that whatever is chosen, is the best of breed and has the requisite characteristics to meet the newer loftier goals. The 300-series will NOT be a step backwards.

The article says the 300 also gets an all new "chassis" - could that possibly mean a departure from the body-on-frame design that has become a hallmark of the Land Cruiser?

I wouldn't be so quick to doubt Toyota. Whatever they do choose will have at least the durability of the current model. Even if that may be a major architectural change. Just look at IFS... Though I'd speculate that they wouldn't give up the ladder frame as the LC gets seriously used in heavy duty fashion across the world (unlike US), in places like Australia and the middle east. Durability is not a suggestive part of the LC make-up (*cough* Land Rover/Range Rover), it's a core quality of the platform. They have their "soft roader" SUV lines that is separate from their heavier duty lines, e.g. RAV/Highlander vs defunct FJ/4Runner/Prado. I can see a Sequoia go unibody before the LC. Looking at the industry analogues, the just redesigned G-Wagon and Wrangler has stayed body-on-frame.

It also assumes the reference is legit.

I would think if they move to more "high strength steel" in a similar design would weigh significantly less and be considered "an all new chassis". It'd be nice to drop 500 lbs or so keeping everything else equal (reliability, power, load capacity, comfort, capability).

The new navi looks great in pictures, but in person, it doesn't have that same presence from the picture. Kinda bland actually. Yes, interior looks great. Nicely tarted up. But I'm in the LC because of what's under the skin. The Navi doesn't have that, except for the beefy motor. But the 300-series will get something comparable.

^^^ I'm all in on the LC, why I own a couple. Just mentioning that the new Navigator is pretty awesome for mall crawling and no doubt big road trips. Really.

IMO the Navigator won't, nor would it ever, handle what a stock LC/LX would handle off road. Aside from that, if i was just going to Ball, the Navigator would be where it's at and it IS WAY nicer than the new LX. The Navigator might be where I end up if I didn't want capability or was unable handle the traditional, 10yr old tech, in the LX/LC. The 2018 Navigator and so on, will always likely be nicer than what ever iteration of the 300 bubbles up.

All that said, I can recognize nice shiit. I like older, "less complicated" ( is there such a thing these days) technology. However Lincoln stepped up and the thing is tarmac beast.

My brother is a huge navigator fan. I think I like the LC way more for its durability and ruggedness. I feel like you can get 500k out of an LC but only 100k out of everything else. So with the LC you are getting 5 cars for the price of 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom