ReDesign? 2019 or? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agreed

It works well with Asian drivers around here

As an Asian driver let me help modify your statement. You meant to say female asian and baby boomer asian drivers right? = D

If that is the next gen or close to it, no thanks. I would not buy a Range Rover or a similar looking vehicle. I finally got mine after 35 years, and I am very happy with my 2018 LC200.

Not excited about the 3.4L V6 DOHC engine, though :bang:

TT v6 like ls500?

I don't know.

What I do know (according to the Japanese spec sheet in the cited article) is the engine is 3444cc putting out approx. 416 hp @ 6000 rpm with 443 lbf of torque from 1600 - 4800 rpm, mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission getting about 21 mpg.

HTH

Edit to add: Projected list price is a range from US$ 49,450 - 67,450.

I don't know.

What I do know (according to the Japanese spec sheet in the cited article) is the engine is 3444cc putting out approx. 416 hp @ 6000 rpm with 443 lbf of torque from 1600 - 4800 rpm, mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission getting about 21 mpg.

HTH

Edit to add: Projected list price is a range from US$ 49,450 - 67,450.
416 hp from 3.4 v6 in Toyotas corporate arsenal sounds like forced induction to me ....

Thanks for the info

106971C8-CBF8-4464-99DA-44EAB1D12925.png
Is this the same as our current dimensions

5FCABBBC-6A59-4A21-9BD7-FF8959799308.jpeg
Currently

Looks like they’re the same body and frame just different engine sheet-metal changes. Plus the $20-$30,000 price drop for the new one ;)
Wonder if they’re going the route of the raptor get it rid of that great V-8 engine and then build it out of aluminum, instead of sheet metal and then claim that it’s way better

Last edited:
Not excited about the 3.4L V6 DOHC engine, though :bang:

I am. Bring it!

More efficiency. A more broad and elastic powerband (i.e. plateaus of torque). Cheap and easy mods for another 100hp over stock. It's not like turbo's haven't been around for decades and have more than proved their reliability. Commercial diesels, heck ALL diesels, utilize turbo's!

A price drop?
I doubt there will be a price drop. I think the price quoted shows models in other markets. USDM has always had the fully loaded ones.... As much as I would love a 40-55K$ LC, like the Patrol/Armada, I don't see that happening in the USA :(

67209B54-0455-402D-BFAB-30B8D08707DD.jpeg
I didn’t like the Honda Pilot in 2009 and I don’t like the looks of this purported Land Cruiser of the future...

Well I am all for more value for the money, not that I am going to be in the market for a new LC given mine isn't even a year old.

However, I have to assume that if they are cutting 20-30k off the price there are cuts somewhere else. No corp, including Toyota, are just dropping prices and maintaining same level of Lux, same quality control or mechanical quality/engineering.

Given Toyota's reputation, I seriously doubt they drop quality control or mechanical quality, just don't see that happening.

My bet would be it will be a drop in the level of luxury making it more utilitarian, and let Lexus have the luxury market. LC moves back to its roots.

Of course, I am just another person on the internet throwing my ideas out with nothing but speculation to base them on.

Taco's prediction:

Smaller displacement Atkinson cycle V8
None or very small changes to frame (that normal "10% stronger" line Toyota always uses), rest of the drivetrain, steering, suspension.
Much more aggressive looks
Cost more than current Land Cruiser
No drop in luxury (for US)

Think 2nd generation Tacoma to 3rd generation Tacoma. Make it look a little better to most, add engine efficiency without adding too much complexity. Keep as much the same, because they know it works.

Tacos. Now you have me hungry.

I predict I'm having tacos for dinner.

I wonder which if us will be more correct? :p

That price range would be around the two 150 series. Difficult to believe that would happen.

How often do we see new models cheaper than the ones they replace? Pretty rare, though it did happen with the GX redesign. But I don't see the flagship getting any cheaper. LS redesign got significantly more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom