THE ALL NEW LAND CRUISER.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The new navi looks great in pictures, but in person, it doesn't have that same presence from the picture. Kinda bland actually. Yes, interior looks great. Nicely tarted up. But I'm in the LC because of what's under the skin. The Navi doesn't have that, except for the beefy motor. But the 300-series will get something comparable.

The Navigator also has a push button shifter. I never will understand what some auto designers are smoking when it comes to these new shifters.

That rendering has the exact same rims I have on my LC. I seriously doubt Toyota would design a new ride and have the exact same rims they already have.

I actually dont hate that styling at all, and Im pleasantly surprised.

Notice the headline in the magazine says something like "V8-*&*%-V6" Who can read Japanese? And the stat box says 3.5L V6, but there will no doubt be several different engines available depending on the market. Considering they will most likely have a big normally aspirated V8 for the Tundra, I assume we will get that sump in the LC.

So are you saying this magazine leaked a legit photo of the new LX in June '15?

THE ALL NEW LX 570

2016-lexus-lx-570-facelift-makes-first-appearance-in-leaked-photo-video-96069_1.jpg

2016 Lexus LX 570 Facelift Makes First Appearance in Leaked Photo

^^^ I'm all in on the LC, why I own a couple. Just mentioning that the new Navigator is pretty awesome for mall crawling and no doubt big road trips. Really.

IMO the Navigator won't, nor would it ever, handle what a stock LC/LX would handle off road. Aside from that, if i was just going to Ball, the Navigator would be where it's at and it IS WAY nicer than the new LX. The Navigator might be where I end up if I didn't want capability or was unable handle the traditional, 10yr old tech, in the LX/LC. The 2018 Navigator and so on, will always likely be nicer than what ever iteration of the 300 bubbles up.

All that said, I can recognize nice shiit. I like older, "less complicated" ( is there such a thing these days) technology. However Lincoln stepped up and the thing is tarmac beast.

I saw a review somewhere just recently that picked the 3 best luxury vehicles available, as in REAL "luxury" cars. It was the MB S Class, the Lexus LS, and the new Lincoln Navigator.

I actually dont hate that styling at all, and Im pleasantly surprised.

Notice the headline in the magazine says something like "V8-*&*%-V6" Who can read Japanese? And the stat box says 3.5L V6, but there will no doubt be several different engines available depending on the market. Considering they will most likely have a big normally aspirated V8 for the Tundra, I assume we will get that sump in the LC.

I read Japanese ;)

That phrase basically says, "V8 is history - onward to V6 Turbo + HV!" Not sure what the "HV" refers to, though. Would love to see the whole article ...

HTH

I read Japanese ;)

That phrase basically says, "V8 is history - onward to V6 Turbo + HV!" Not sure what the "HV" refers to, though. Would love to see the whole article ...

HTH
Thats exactly what I figured it said. Still praying they've got a big honkin' V8 for us 'Muricans!

I tried going to the website for the magazine, almuraba.net but couldn’t read that either. And there was no translation that I could find.

I sincerely doubt Toyota would build a Land Cruiser 200 replacement with wheel wells that are so constricting.

Look at the 200...100...80...

There is ROOM in there for AT LEAST 3” increase or more beyond stock tire diameter.

Also... When last year’s Breck Toyota talk referenced a “more military look” to the body paneling? -This rendering is anything but military-looking.

I will be seriously surprised if this rendering is the actual body design...

So are you saying this magazine leaked a legit photo of the new LX in June '15?
2016-lexus-lx-570-facelift-makes-first-appearance-in-leaked-photo-video-96069_1.jpg

That was the "leaked photo" of the 2016 redesign of the LX, which was just a modified render of the 2013 to 2015 model (identical wheels and from A pillar back). Got the general shape of the grille and fog lights right but nothing else.

The actual 2016 LX redesign used new exterior panels for everything except the mirrors and roof (and is inferior in styling to the previous design, IMO). As far as redesigns go, I much prefer the 16 LC redesign.

2016 model
437656-2016-lexus-lx570-main.jpg

2013 model
2013-Lexus-LX-570-Front-Three-Quarters-3.jpg

edit: Notice the delete of H11 headlight grade fog lights and the stock roof rack.

Last edited:
HV= Hybrid Vehicle.

The next iteration LC/LX will more than likely have a hybrid option.

That's very interesting - thanks for the clarification :cheers:

Well that was one of the most unique and revolutionary grills in the industry, and this mag got it exactly right.

Looks like another refresh, instead of redesign?

That definitely looks like a redesign to me, every panel looks different.

I cant figure out the OP though. Member since '07 and this is only his second post??? Although his first post was years ago asking about a Kaymar bumper for his 2006 105! Maybe legit.

Another article on this....

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/new-toyota-land-cruiser-render-land-rover-flair/

HV= Hybrid Vehicle.

The next iteration LC/LX will more than likely have a hybrid option.

CAFE standards will play a large part in determining the next power plant, and I think they are about to change.

Not interested. Not when LC America can get me a brand new 7X Series.

^^^ I'm all in on the LC, why I own a couple. Just mentioning that the new Navigator is pretty awesome for mall crawling and no doubt big road trips. Really.

IMO the Navigator won't, nor would it ever, handle what a stock LC/LX would handle off road. Aside from that, if i was just going to Ball, the Navigator would be where it's at and it IS WAY nicer than the new LX. The Navigator might be where I end up if I didn't want capability or was unable handle the traditional, 10yr old tech, in the LX/LC. The 2018 Navigator and so on, will always likely be nicer than what ever iteration of the 300 bubbles up.

All that said, I can recognize nice shiit. I like older, "less complicated" ( is there such a thing these days) technology. However Lincoln stepped up and the thing is tarmac beast.

Ok.

I found the article and used Google translate from Arabic to English:

The Toyota Land Cruiser is available in its current generation on the market since 2007, so naturally, it's getting a whole new shape coming.

Today, Al-Murabba net got leaked images showing what the next-generation Land Cruiser will look like, just as we did with the Prado 2018.

The difference is that the images here are fictional created by Japanese artists. It is said that Toyota gave them a look at the design of the new car, something that the company does from time to time to see the different views of its products, so this form remains preliminary and not final.

In our view, the Land Cruiser 2020 will look spectacular if it comes in this design, combining the rugged look and elegance of the time, a formula rarely achieved.

The model will increase in size to the next generation, with a length of 4.95 meters, a width of 1.98 meters, a height of 1.92 meters, a wheelbase of 2.85 meters, and the engine will be a petrol plant Lexus with a capacity of 3.4 liters 6 cylinder 422 horsepower connected to automatic transmission of 10 speeds, The 8-cylinder version has not been disclosed.

It is expected that the Japanese SUV will maintain its capacity and reliability on the off road, while also featuring the latest safety and communication systems Toyota includes wireless phone, vertical display screen showing the most important information in the windshield, pre-collision alert and avoidance, pedestrian detection, Warm departure alert and stay assistant, headlights, self-lit according to road condition.

Toyota's next-generation Toyota Land Cruiser may come next year or the next year, such as the 2020 or 2021, and since its initial price of 183,540 riyals in the 2018 model in Saudi Arabia, it may rise by 5% to the limit of 185,000 riyals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom