Tesla style head unit Poll - U.S. Spec 200's (POLL #1) (1 Viewer)

Whech head unit did you purchase?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
My EC Offroad unit has shipped and I may have it in my hands this week. So getting ready for the install. I would like to get some info on which units (supplier) has been installed on which MY LC/LX for U.S. spec 200s. It doesn't appear that you can ask a multi question poll or at least I can't figure out how to do it , so I'll do this with two separate posts.

I have EC on a 2018 LC

I might be wrong on the nomenclature (and am at risk of nit-picking), but I have considered "Tesla-style" units to be ones that completely replace the main screen and some of the manual buttons with a larger screen (and the missing buttons included in the on-screen menus instead) - with the intent of controlling vehicle functions from the new unit. I'm not sure that I would call the EC unit Tesla-style even if the EC folks use that terminology, since it uses all the stock equipment and only adds an Android-based box with a screen-switching circuit for it's built-in Android Auto & Apple Carplay. Another way to put that is that Tesla-style units are more invasive since they replace large pieces of the interior, while simple AA/AC units leave most existing stuff intact.

I have EC on a 2018 LC

I might be wrong on the nomenclature (and am at risk of nit-picking), but I have considered "Tesla-style" units to be ones that completely replace the main screen and some of the manual buttons with a larger screen (and the missing buttons included in the on-screen menus instead) - with the intent of controlling vehicle functions from the new unit. I'm not sure that I would call the EC unit Tesla-style even if the EC folks use that terminology, since it uses all the stock equipment and only adds an Android-based box with a screen-switching circuit for it's built-in Android Auto & Apple Carplay. Another way to put that is that Tesla-style units are more invasive since they replace large pieces of the interior, while simple AA/AC units leave most existing stuff intact.
I mean the full 16 or 17” replacement screen.

Even these are really just a replacement for the infotainment/ nav head unit. The only vehicle function integration is HVAC.

EC Off-road also has some kind of interface module that gives you car play. That must be what you have and not what I’m asking about.

I mean the full 16 or 17” replacement screen.

Even these are really just a replacement for the infotainment/ nav head unit. The only vehicle function integration is HVAC.

EC Off-road also has some kind of interface module that gives you car play. That must be what you have and not what I’m asking about.

Ah, my mistake. Thanks for the clarification. I see so few full Tesla-style posts on here that I forget that not everyone gets the non-Tesla style units.

Not a poll but if you don't get a lot of responses here you can try to back into the results by going through the threads linked in this post:

Not a poll but if you don't get a lot of responses here you can try to back into the results by going through the threads linked in this post:

Thanks. I have gone through those threads and they are helpful but it isn’t always clear what model year the poster has done the install on. Like people who seem to have a pre 2016 but then talk about 360 degree camera.

Really what I want to find is someone who has installed the EC off-road unit on a 2013 LC and become buddies before I dig into my install!

Thanks. I have gone through those threads and they are helpful but it isn’t always clear what model year the poster has done the install on. Like people who seem to have a pre 2016 but then talk about 360 degree camera.

Really what I want to find is someone who has installed the EC off-road unit on a 2013 LC and become buddies before I dig into my install!
Fair enough

One day I'll go down this path but there are a handful of items which didn't work or were odd the last time I looked, so I'm waiting until someone has a 100% solution. About the only thing I'd be willing to give up at this point is the rear entertainment, but then if I wanted to pull it I need to find some sort of panel to cover the spot (but still keep the lights functional.

any updates on this ? would love to know what everyone's experience is with these newer android units

this thread died. there are now two "main" other threads on this topic, one for pre-2016 and another for post-2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom