Head unit upgrade. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
U have already installed the EC Offroad V5 module and I am very disappointed, its slow, it wont connect to my phone automatically and there seems to be very little in the way of user ability to fix these issues. I am going to talk to EC and try and fix these issues, but also and ultimately try to get my money back.

In the mean time I have been researching other replacement units that will also replace the OEM screen and I have found 2 alternatives which I believe will be better.

The first is the same Tesla style I have seen on here a number of times, available here, seems a solid unit from a company that should provide some kind of after sales support. I think I'd prefer this than trying to go through Alibaba.

But they also have this its a lot more expensive, but it would really update the dash, the seat button being on the unit worry me but, I could figure a way to either make them work, and blank out the OEM ones.

Has anyone got experience with the bigger unit?

All of those Android head units are a crapshoot. You might get one like you have with issues, one that mostly works or one that works with some glitches you will learn to live with. I had one in my GX and I liked it, but it didn’t come without some issues I just had to accept.

Last edited:
@sleepycruiser you’re spot on. Installed one in our Sienna and after 30ish emails back and forth they are sending a new unit. I couldn’t never back the back up camera to run. Hopefully, the new unit will solve the problem.

@sleepycruiser you’re spot on. Installed one in our Sienna and after 30ish emails back and forth they are sending a new unit. I couldn’t never back the back up camera to run. Hopefully, the new unit will solve the problem.
In the Gx470 to get the factory camera to work with the head unit it took some re-wiring on my end as the voltages were different. It wasn’t hard, but the location of the wires and size of them (very tiny) ended up being a PITA. If I had to do it all over again I’d run an aftermarket camera.

I hear ya, decided to run an aftermarket camera from the start, then remembered how much I dislike taking the interior of vehicles apart😂

On ours, something in the main unit was the problem. The rear trigger wire wouldn't get power from either of the ACC or backup light circuits and the video wouldn't go on the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom