Teyes Head Unit 07-2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had to bring it home and put it together to get some more debug information. Based on my initial investigation I think the harness is not compatible with North America LC200 which has a JBL amp system. I did some research and Joying provides the correct harness Toyota Prado Power Cable For Toyota Cars With JBL AMP - https://www.joyingauto.com/toyota-prado-power-cable-for-toyota-cars-with-jbl-amp.html
I still haven't heard back from the support. Adding some pics on assembled unit. Will add more pics of the system attached to the car.

IMG20240127110243.jpg

IMG20240127110259 (1).jpg

According to toyota NZ it come with a Pioneer system. I am assuming they are close in spec (though we don't get Sahara model in NZ)
1706563958646.png

I haven't had any success with the install. There were some initial help from Dan at Teyes. I couldn't get any response after the initial conversation.
Issues:
1. No Sound. Maybe some wiring issue. They provided me with some wiring diagram and none of those worked.
2. Android Carplay does not work. Looks like this might be related to the custom launcher they use. For some reason Android Auto is unable to takeover the screen.
3. The buttons on the bezel does not work.

I am not sure whether there are other issues. Maybe there were issues with my installer. Anyhow I am going to send it back and try some other headunit.

You'll have to cut the plastic piece in the bottom unit as mentioned in the product size. It would not fit flush without that change.

I haven't had any success with the install. There were some initial help from Dan at Teyes. I couldn't get any response after the initial conversation.
Issues:
1. No Sound. Maybe some wiring issue. They provided me with some wiring diagram and none of those worked.
2. Android Carplay does not work. Looks like this might be related to the custom launcher they use. For some reason Android Auto is unable to takeover the screen.
3. The buttons on the bezel does not work.

I am not sure whether there are other issues. Maybe there were issues with my installer. Anyhow I am going to send it back and try some other headunit.

You'll have to cut the plastic piece in the bottom unit as mentioned in the product size. It would not fit flush without that change.
Thank you for the update! Have you looked into the Grom VLine?

Thank you for the update! Have you looked into the Grom VLine?
Unfortunately my stock head unit is also not working. Teyes says that it has to work for their head unit to work. So I might have to look for the tesla style ones which might not need a working stock radio unit.

Unfortunately my stock head unit is also not working. Teyes says that it has to work for their head unit to work. So I might have to look for the tesla style ones which might not need a working stock radio unit.
I'm betting the stock unit is gonna have to be working before you can replace with aftermarket. I'm in the same boat right now and can't really figure out wtf is causing mine not to work. I'm hoping once I set up a computer with techstream I can diagnose.

I'm betting the stock unit is gonna have to be working before you can replace with aftermarket. I'm in the same boat right now and can't really figure out wtf is causing mine not to work. I'm hoping once I set up a computer with techstream I can diagnose.
If the screen is broken a full replacement might work. If the amp is dead then you’ll need to fix (or bypass) that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom