Tesla Android Style Stereos Units for the 200- Combined (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Satellite radio work on these bad boys?

I have no idea. I dont use satellite radio
Satellite radio work on these bad boys?

Sorry, I dont use Sat radio so I dont know

I received the adapter box for the 4 cameras I have
IMG_0286.jpg

The existing setup has two connectors that are the same, one blue and one white. You would think the Blue one is the correct one, but it is the white one

Now all 4 cameras work. The rear camera comes on automatically in reverse

I did not realize that the icons at the top scroll and there are more if you swipe left or right. You have to scroll those across the top to the Console app and then use the setting icon. Then change the year to 2016. That enables the cameras to work

The first time it boots after install it takes 30-45 seconds. After that it goes into standby when you turn off the truck and turns on quickly

Probably some settings still to play with, but I am very happy and pleased

The only thing that appears not work is the rear DVD player and I knew that going in. There are Video and auxiliary inputs on the back to connect a rear entertainment setup, but I have no desire for one.

Last edited:
the one thing that is different and I can change the function is the "speech" button on the steering wheel acts like a mute button. I like that so dont plan on changing it. Ill get around to downloading the google app so I can use speech search and maybe even alexa

Now looking at a cellular dongle so I can have internet "most" anywhere I am close to pavement

the one thing that is different and I can change the function is the "speech" button on the steering wheel acts like a mute button. I like that so dont plan on changing it. Ill get around to downloading the google app so I can use speech search and maybe even alexa

Now looking at a cellular dongle so I can have internet "most" anywhere I am close to pavement

Awesome...sure hope they launch one that will work for my 2019 in a reasonable time frame.

I have had this for a month and happy I made the change

As stated earlier the rear DVD player doesnt work. Although there are RCA connectors to add a device. Since I never have used the rear entertainment system, this wasnt a concern for me

Currently, there isnt an outside temperature indicator. Maybe one of the settings I havent played with

All the buttons on the steering wheel and temp changes work

AC/heat works just fine. Although sometimes the auto is engaged and I have to turn it off. Rear controls work fine

Phone works fine and is clear via Bluetooth. I havent looked at loading my contacts so right now just the neumber comes up

There is a button for the front windshield defrost strip. I don't know if it works. I turned it on with the stock system a few times and never saw a difference

The sound shuts off when you put it in reverse and the cameras come on

All 4 cameras work with no issues

When I start it up the next day, the unit boots fast as it has been in standby

When it is several days, it has shut down and takes about 30 seconds to boot. Once or twice when going in reverse (cameras come on) the boot hangs and I just shut the car off/on. Only a couple of times and you can tell immediately so you can restart before you head out of your driveway

Using the downloaded VLC app, I can watch videos at any time. I wasnt able to get the pre-installed video app to work

Car play works without a dongle. Although I havent really used it. Since google apps are all on the main unit, nothing I really need from my iphone so far

The stock USB input doesnt work. However, they provide two USB inputs and I wired them to a port I installed. This makes it easy to plug in a memory stick and move files

Internet is great at home. I havent set up my phone as a hot spot or gotten a MIFI device. If you download offload maps for Google Maps the navigation works fine and you can press the mic button on the google map screen to give it a destination

Works like a google tablet with all the apps I have loaded so far. Giai works fine although havent goon offroad with this COVID-19 mess.

GPS works great, and i installed the puck it comes with under the dash top speaker grill. Fits fine with no adjustments required

It has a few small bugs like the couple of times boot halted when going into reverse, but otherwise no real issues. Sometimes the settings screen comes up, not sure why. Doesnt bother the radio or anything

I loaded my music on the unit drive and that works great

I am happy with it and would do it again

How is the dashcam integration? Are you able to post some sample footage?
Any sentry mode capabilities?

Have you used the 360° bird's eye view?

I dont have a 360 deg view as mine is a 2014. They are the stock cameras and its on a bigger screen. My Bumper does obscure part of the rear bumper view, not a radio issue

Hey Romer,

I appreciate your detailed update.

Does this utilize the factory mic? How's call quality?

Over two months and still real happy with it

Occasionally an App will open and I don't know why

Figured out when I startup and get the boot from scratch scree (Sports car), that if I wait for the words Android I can go into reverse and not lock it up while it switches to the camera

Music sounds great, Radio works great, buttons all work

Hello All,

i just got installed my Telsa like 16 screen on my 2009 LC , however once the OBD is connect to show the screen RPM, Speed, everyday in the morning when the car is cold start, the ABS, l4, rpm , speed lights need tend to flicker for 3-4 min until the car gets warm , then everything comes back to normal. if i remove the obd under the steering all is normal , can someone advice me please what could be the issue. thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom