Tell Us About Your Replacement Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have spent some time reading threads looking for a viable seat replacement in the 80 Series seats. Most provide little or no information. So I think instead of soliciting opinions, it'd be better for y'all to tell me what replacement was done by you. I have a 40th Anniversary edition and am thinking of replace rather than reupholster mainly because I am looking at cost. I am am a retired Army and Special Operator on 20 Years and am 100% disabled from my service mostly lower extremities i.e back, knees, ankles, and feet. Not to offend anyone, but face it, shelling out mega money on Recaro or Scheel-mann seats like some have is just a little over the top. I think a European or maybe a 200 Series seat will suffice. But I do not know if any of you all have mounted 200 series seats in an 80 series and an interested. European seats on the other hand are very comfortable and come in any color you like, as long as it's black or a shade of black.

Hey @Dixie Dingo, I recovered my seats with leather from Lseat.com for $300. That included the armrests and center console.

My original seat leather (vinyl and leather) were starting to come apart and the open seams were uncomfortable to sit on. The leather surfaces after years of sitting in the sun, were hard and shiny. At the time, I couldn't afford to drop $600 on leather so the Lseat purchase was a gamble. We were also prepping the Cruiser for a cross country trip and I was dropping cash on other maintenance items before the trip.

After installing the new leather, there are some pros and cons. The leather is thick but not the highest quality. The edges are thin and some of the seams are not stitched very tight. The leather installed easily because it does fit a bit lose. However, the new leather truly transformed my seats. The ride is soft and buttery and riding for long periods of time is pleasant compared to the uncomfortable hard surface previously. Lseats customer service is not the best but for the price I cannot fault them. If I were to do it again, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Lseat again.

BTW, the rear seats are also only $300 and the Dim Grey is a perfect match.

Pretty sure the 200 series seats aren't going to fit. Not to mention finding them is going to be tough. Car-part shows none, and from the dealer it looks to be over $2700 per seat so you could get just about any aftermarket seat you wanted. lol.

Hey @Dixie Dingo, I recovered my seats with leather from Lseat.com for $300. That included the armrests and center console.

My original seat leather (vinyl and leather) were starting to come apart and the open seams were uncomfortable to sit on. The leather surfaces after years of sitting in the sun, were hard and shiny. At the time, I couldn't afford to drop $600 on leather so the Lseat purchase was a gamble. We were also prepping the Cruiser for a cross country trip and I was dropping cash on other maintenance items before the trip.

After installing the new leather, there are some pros and cons. The leather is thick but not the highest quality. The edges are thin and some of the seams are not stitched very tight. The leather installed easily because it does fit a bit lose. However, the new leather truly transformed my seats. The ride is soft and buttery and riding for long periods of time is pleasant compared to the uncomfortable hard surface previously. Lseats customer service is not the best but for the price I cannot fault them. If I were to do it again, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Lseat again.

BTW, the rear seats are also only $300 and the Dim Grey is a perfect match.
I looked at those, but they looked rather ill fitting. But I guess for the price, which is everything not bad.

Mine Rhino is an odd one. She is a Florida vehicle where she was originally owned by a Lawyer from Vero Beach, Florida. She was seized by the Martin County, Florida. She was a ceased by the Sheriff’s office and pressed into service as the Sheriff’s personal vehicle and later as a K9 car. I purchased my Rhino at an auction in Tampa in 2012. So my drivers front is well worn, the passenger has a bit less worn but still bad. However, the second row is really not bad. And the third row is flawless. The carpet, which I loath, carpet and wish they made rubber flooring was trashed and caked with dog hair. So that is the short story on my Rhino.

Well Adam took the time and energy to scour mud and collect all the seat threads he could find so thats probably is as best a collective list that youll see, esp neatly packaged and provided with little to no effort on your end. In most cases he linked the thread source as well.

There are already two main seat threads and several of individual threads. Making one more likey only dilutes future searches.

Agree 200 series are likely too wide and the two sets of european seats ive sat in looked really cool and felt really uncomforrable after 10 min. But you are right about the black :)

Bmw and land rover swaps have been discussed here a few times for other non black options.

I put a set of seats out of a 2011 Tacoma in my 93 had to fab up my own mounting brackets and weld the sliders to them they turned out awesome way more comfortable and lots more adjustment fore and aft pretty dam good color match also

I put a set of seats out of a 2011 Tacoma in my 93 had to fab up my own mounting brackets and weld the sliders to them they turned out awesome way more comfortable and lots more adjustment fore and aft pretty dam good color match also
I have a 2011 Tacoma my wife drives that was originally mine but not the most comfortable seats. She had a E500 Class Mercedes I bought new that had wonderful seats but just wasn’t for her. We are truck people after all.

Well Adam took the time and energy to scour mud and collect all the seat threads he could find so thats probably is as best a collective list that youll see, esp neatly packaged and provided with little to no effort on your end. In most cases he linked the thread source as well.

There are already two main seat threads and several of individual threads. Making one more likey only dilutes future searches.

Agree 200 series are likely too wide and the two sets of european seats ive sat in looked really cool and felt really uncomforrable after 10 min. But you are right about the black :)

Bmw and land rover swaps have been discussed here a few times for other non black options.
Completely understandable. However, adding to a thread only opens the thread to those who were respondents or viewed the thread in the past. And new inputs remain dormant until viewed. I don’t now if there is a full database manger in this website but if so data can be murged. Just thinking here, but thinking can be dangerous...lol

@Dixie Dingo the carpet is an easy fix but a lot of work. Pull the first row seats, second row seats, center console, and any trim holding the carpet down. Pull the carpet out. I laid mine out on the driveway and used a combination of simple green and dawn to clean the carpet. I then used the high pressure sprayer to mix and rinse the detergent on the carpet. With all the water in the carpet, it now weighed 4 times as much but I proceeded to move it to the backyard and lay it over the fence. With in on the driveway, the water was pooling and not rinsing. With it on the fence, the water ran off the carpet and I could get a better accessment of how clean it was. After rinsing, I left it on the fence for two days to dry in the sun. Reinstall and enjoy the fluffiness and smell of clean carpet.

@Dixie Dingo the carpet is an easy fix but a lot of work. Pull the first row seats, second row seats, center console, and any trim holding the carpet down. Pull the carpet out. I laid mine out on the driveway and used a combination of simple green and dawn to clean the carpet. I then used the high pressure sprayer to mix and rinse the detergent on the carpet. With all the water in the carpet, it now weighed 4 times as much but I proceeded to move it to the backyard and lay it over the fence. With in on the driveway, the water was pooling and not rinsing. With it on the fence, the water ran off the carpet and I could get a better accessment of how clean it was. After rinsing, I left it on the fence for two days to dry in the sun. Reinstall and enjoy the fluffiness and smell of clean carpet.
It is kind of like this, I hate carpet in a vehicle much less a home. I have a 2010 Ram 3500 that I curse at MOPAR every day for having carpet. Carpeting in cars catch all the hair, dander, mud, dirt, parasites and any micro organisms as well as micro insect. So it is obviously that I have a disdain for carpet. Another issue I have is sugar sand which is plentiful in Florida and is very problematic. I see you are in the Sand Hills of NC, my adopted state after 20 years at Fort Bragg. But at least you have dirt in your sand there...LOL As for the carpet I did remove it and cleaned it. But this was far beyond keeping and after three years I disposed of it. The stains on the underside looked like a crime scene. I was thinking of a truck bed material to spray on but the fumes are toxic. Lizardskin is on the table but cost is a factor. So I am looking at a Marine Deck coating like used on fiberglass but I think the epoxy may be a breathing hazard. In the interim I have Husky floor liners. But good suggestion.

My 2003 WRX seats are unbelievably comfortable but you have to get up over the bolster. I can drive in them for 8+ hours straight with no back and leg fatigue.
With the WRX Seats, they look to be pretty direct bolt ins, was this the case or what mods are required?

Osaki_OS_4000_Black_Chair.jpg

I installed these from a 88 mercury capri. Lx model. Bolt right in.

it'd be better for y'all to tell me what replacement was done by you

Translation: the internet is hard and im lazy so im going to demand people do my work for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom