Talking me out of BFGs? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So let the name calling begin from all the BFG fans….personally I did not care for them for MY specific usage. As mentioned earlier, purchased a set of 285/65/18 BFGs and added them to 2016 set of wheels along with OEM spacer to my 2014 LC. After about 1k I decided that even though they look awesome, since I was 99% highway miles/family road trip vehicle the BFGs were not for me. I thought they were loud, rough and everyone in the vehicle thought it was a jittery ride especially in the back seat. They were road forced balanced so I don’t think that was not the issue. It just was not the ride I had bought the 200 for and at my age I guess I’m now more into comfort than looks. I’m sure if I lived somewhere where I could use the BFGs more then I might have had a different level of ride quality acceptance. Anyway….Utilized DT 100% guarantee and swapped them out for some new Michelin Defender M/S2. I think it’s the newest one Michelin has put out? Had them on for couple hundred miles so far and right back to the butter smooth 200 ride I like. May not look as cool but sure rides and fits the bill for me better for what I use the vehicle for….But man I sure miss those white letters. Pic attached

IMG_6551.png

IMG_6547.jpeg

IMG_6548.jpeg

IMG_6544.jpeg

So let the name calling begin from all the BFG fans….personally I did not care for them for MY specific usage. As mentioned earlier, purchased a set of 285/65/18 BFGs and added them to 2016 set of wheels along with OEM spacer to my 2014 LC. After about 1k I decided that even though they look awesome, since I was 99% highway miles/family road trip vehicle the BFGs were not for me. I thought they were loud, rough and everyone in the vehicle thought it was a jittery ride especially in the back seat. They were road forced balanced so I don’t think that was not the issue. It just was not the ride I had bought the 200 for and at my age I guess I’m now more into comfort than looks. I’m sure if I lived somewhere where I could use the BFGs more then I might have had a different level of ride quality acceptance. Anyway….Utilized DT 100% guarantee and swapped them out for some new Michelin Defender M/S2. I think it’s the newest one Michelin has put out? Had them on for couple hundred miles so far and right back to the butter smooth 200 ride I like. May not look as cool but sure rides and fits the bill for me better for what I use the vehicle for….But man I sure miss those white letters. Pic attached

View attachment 3403923

View attachment 3403924

View attachment 3403925

View attachment 3403926
Keep us updated on the performance on these. I’m curious to see how these fair compared to the originals.

I used to be a big BFG AT fan and put them on all my trucks or SUVs. Last set KO2s I had wore out prematurely and were hard and slick after 10k miles. Worthless on a slick boat ramp. Switched to Toyo AT3 and love them

Having just scanned this thread, was curious how the tire warranty has been for some of these premature issues? I see BFG’s tout à 50k warranty but curious if it actually is usable?

What say those of you that have tried?

I can’t speak on the BFG warranty but I will throw this out there for the groups info. The Discount Tire 100% satisfaction guarantee is legit or at least it was with me. Bought the K02s and put 1000 or so miles on them and did not care for them so traded them in for the Michelins and got full credit. No issues at all. Super easy. Just had to pay for labor to remount. 100 bucks. Glad I bought them at DT for that reason. Just an fyi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom