SWB 45 Build for Expedition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haven't had a chance to really update this thread---trying to play catch up and burning any extra time working on the truck. Been taking lots of photos just need to get them onto the computer. I did get to hear a sweat sound on Friday!!!! Look for some major updates in a day or so. Here are a couple photos of my make shift topper frame.

4299118191_6b7df47659.jpg

4299118069_bcfcdfe923.jpg

Looking awesome Scott!

Are ya gonna make the deadline Scott?

Are ya gonna make the deadline Scott?

Well I am heading out later today to head for the staging grounds in UT and...........it looks like the blue truck is ready for the trip. Didn't get everything done that was on the "list" but here is were the truck stands:

--Cummins B3.3 install w/ intercooler
-fine spline axles with 3.7 diffs and disk brakes up front
-shackle reversal
-saginaw power steering install
-power brakes
-NV4500 with Toyota split case transfer case with special gears
-32 inch tires on 16" rims
-powder coat the frame
-second fuel tank
-install Vintage A/C and heating system
-rear bumper with tire/fuel carrier
[FONT=&quot]With a shakedown period of 480 miles and a last night of wrenching I am taking the truck on the Expedition.[/FONT]

4501541121_c833cdd4b2.jpg

4502177198_a1284b7b94.jpg

4502177798_52883a0b5c.jpg

4502177562_82d9bedd59.jpg

4502176884_412d446bb2.jpg

4502176966_a2e8e34fd3.jpg

4502175796_326c9477f9.jpg

I'd like to file a complaint:

This build has progressed way too fast and with an excessive amount of really cool parts, leaving a vast majority of the IH8MUD community in disillusion.

Have a nice trip anyways! Nice build.

...This build has progressed way too fast and with an excessive amount of really cool parts, leaving a vast majority of the IH8MUD community in disillusion....

I'd like to second that notion...
Bloody hell that is a gorgeous rig! Well done well done well done!!

Wow! Well done!!!

Just checked out your site and you got some really cool stuff going on.

Good luck with the expedition! Sounds like fun:)

Didn't quite make it out the door yet ---had a few small fires to put out before leaving for a week. However I do have my alarm for "O dark thirty" in the am to hit the road for the 13 hour drive to the staging area. Here are a couple photos of the truck loaded up and ready to go. Packing about 70 gallons B100, 15 gallons water and not to mention a lot of gear.

4503914977_672f29b2cc.jpg

4503914743_bbfd003135.jpg

4503914541_cd3c8ee83a.jpg

4503947939_3f16a99fb7.jpg

That rig has got 'feature story' written all over it. It will undoubtedly capture the entire retro crowd at the gathering. WAY COOL!

Drive safe, take lots of pics, take some extra rags to wipe off everyone else's drool, and take off the shy suit, cause people are gonna talk to you nonstop about that new ride. It's turned out to be an awesome rolling billboard for your biz.

Don't make us wait until you get back to hear the biggest news of all..........the MPGs!

Best

Mark A.

Awesome!

Hey Scott,

Awesome and unbelievable how much you got done in such a short amount of time, half of it with a broken hand!

I'm meeting y'all at the north rim of the Grand Canyon - I'm not quite done with a total re-do of my veggie system.

Looks great Scott. Really like the color and canopy. Where did you get the truck from originally? I'd love to find one in that condition.

IIRC, that was wdukes truck.

Well, after 3000+ miles I am finally home-----good way to brake in a "new" truck. Photos will come once I find the energy to upload them---got home parked the truck, left it loaded and found an inviting beverage.... Only two real issues during the trip. Had a brand new Alternator/vacuum pump fail as I was arriving in Herber UT. Local shop ordered me a replacement---which was the wrong one--so we played---lets open boxes of the 150 + alternators they had on the shelf. Found one that had the same mounting and plug but no vacuum pump drive---so I did the entire trip without power breaks---luxury item anyway. Then about halfway through had a rear SOR shock mount bolt break. Otherwise with the truck fully loaded was getting 24+ miles per gallon and as the truck got lighter the better the fuel mileage got. And I really like the gearing choice for this truck---cruises along all day at 75MPH no problem. Hopefully photos in the next day or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom