Suspension Articulation RTI Tracker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If anyone in Houston has these sort of test ramps (is height & grade standard?) im dying to see how I fair. Currently busy with work and moving but in the H mid to end of April.
4 wheel parts usually has a ramp if there is a store nearby

Ony becuase I owned one back in the nineties..

'92 Range Rover Classic - 670

Stock it had no sway bars so it was pretty interesting to drive in traffic..

I had a 1990-1992 rrc swb lifted w arb bumper and 32’s (I think) on it. It had quick detach sway bars that must have been aftermarket.

I’ll never forget the hour long highway drive at night when I forget to reattach the sway bars after an off-roading trip.

32027_10100249031116493_5206380_611.jpg

Last edited:
That's one of the best looking RR's they ever did IMHO.

That's one of the best looking RR's they ever did IMHO.
Yeah they made that general style from 75-95 I think. I think there’s an example of one in the louvre. Timeless styling.

Yea the tail end of the first gens and through to the end of the second gens. They lost my eye after that. Same for the Disco's, Discovery I and II or nothing. That said I am not a glutton for punishment when it comes to autos so I never dipped my toe in that reliability nightmare pond.

I had a 1990-1992 rrc swb lifted w arb bumper and 32’s (I think) on it. It had quick detach sway bars that must have been aftermarket.

I’ll never forget the hour long highway drive at night when I forget to reattach the sway bars after an off-roading trip.

View attachment 3281998
Cool Rover..! Here is mine..very clean. Lifted with Rovertyme front & rear bumpers and safari gard sliders.

Great rig but lots of maintenance and fixing.. :-(

L1010170.jpeg

Im sorry I got two threads mixed up. Will delete the noise. Oops

It is still practically flawless IMO, and so is the interior. Really nice and not over the top.

View attachment 3282198

Have yall seen the new BMW XM? Absolutely monstrous. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Brits can still design it seems.
Cant lie, it looks good. Maybe not for offroad...however, I cant deny no matter what. RR always designs a pretty good approach/departure angle into their boujie deigns. I want to hate the, then I see the ONE video of someone actually offroad with one. Where I am reminded, there is a good chance my 200 would rub its UPS truck sized arse across that obstacle. lol

2008 Power Wagon might rule them all from factory - 655 RTI considering its 140" wheelbase. That's conservative factory score straight from owners manual. Real life could be better and improved significantly with longer shocks/springs.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 8.28.15 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 8.28.53 AM.png

Last edited:
I personally know of two, one of which has over 300K and is on 40’s lol.

2008 Power Wagon might rule them all from factory - 655 RTI considering its 140" wheelbase. That's conservative factory score straight from owners manual. Real life could be better and improved significantly with longer shocks/springs.

View attachment 3303755

View attachment 3303756

Thanks for this. Updated the tracker. Probably not as great and stable driving down the road but these older leaf springs designs have great opportunity to be flexy.

Added new RTI king of the hill.

'22 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon: 847 o_O

Can't find details of the test other than the score in the table here

Added new RTI king of the hill.

'22 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon: 847 o_O

Can't find details of the test other than the score in the table here

That's a big jump over Motortrend's test result

2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe RTI Flex Score

To measure the RTI ramp score, vehicles were driven up the ramp with tires at street pressure and all traction-adding devices engaged, if present. Vehicles with disconnecting sway bars were measured both with the sway bar engaged and with it disconnected.
  • 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe RTI Flex Score w/sway bar engaged: 532
  • 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe RTI Flex Score w/sway bar disconnected: 701

2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 RTI Flex Score

We shifted the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 into 4-Lo and rumbled up the 22-degree RTI ramp. Here's what we found.
  • 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 RTI Flex Score w/sway bar engaged: 532
  • 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe 392 RTI Flex Score w/sway bar disconnected: 684 (<-note error in web page from Motor Trend fixed)
Source

Another web rag

The 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 is powered by the legendary 6.4L HEMI V8 power plant, which offers 470 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque. Being a Wrangler, the Rubicon 392 gets AWD configuration as standard and some added performance features as well. For instance, the Wrangler Rubicon 392 gets a Ramp Travel Index (RTI) of 730

source

So that's a pretty big range . . .

Always had mixed feeling about RTI. Comparing vehicle with significantly different wheelbase can be meaningless even absurd. Like above mentioned 842 JL score v 730 for JLU. One might conclude JL is flexier. We climb obstacles in real life instead of looking at the scores. RTI function is inverse of wheelbase. 96 v 118". JLU has 23% longer wheelbase but scores only 13% less. What does it tell you?
JLU can raise its leg quite a bit higher than JL = climb taller real obstacle before loosing grip.

That's a big jump over Motortrend's test result

2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe RTI Flex Score

To measure the RTI ramp score, vehicles were driven up the ramp with tires at street pressure and all traction-adding devices engaged, if present. Vehicles with disconnecting sway bars were measured both with the sway bar engaged and with it disconnected.
  • 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe RTI Flex Score w/sway bar engaged: 532
  • 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe RTI Flex Score w/sway bar disconnected: 701

2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 RTI Flex Score

We shifted the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 into 4-Lo and rumbled up the 22-degree RTI ramp. Here's what we found.
  • 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 RTI Flex Score w/sway bar engaged: 532
  • 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe 392 RTI Flex Score w/sway bar disconnected: 684 (<-note error in web page from Motor Trend fixed)
Source

Yeah, agreed something doesn't look right there. I do think the 4xe and 392 trims aren't going to be as flexy, but the Rubicon trim does seem to score outside of what would be expected.

Has anyone seen RTI scores for the GR300?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom