Suspension Articulation RTI Tracker (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now…..if somehow you combine LC200’s articulation with a locker or a pair of lockers….then that would be insane….

Was looking for GX460 and LX600 RTIs. Coudln't find but added a handful more vehicles to the tracker.

'20 Land Rover Defender 110 SE: 486
- nothing special to see here IMO. Not sure what all the excitement is other than style and image?

'20 Rav4 TRD Off-Road: 308
- New bottom marker. I get it's main priority is not to be an off-road monster. Nothing else on the list can probably touch its efficiency.

'20 F-250 Superduty Tremor: 436
- HD gets articulation? Not bad for such a big truck

22 Rivian R1T (Normal): 510
-
Been getting rave reviews for its goodness and suspension. I've got a buddy that's getting one in March '23 and isn't afraid to put pin-stripes on it. Will have to see how good it is off-road.

200-series is still in a league of its own IMO.

Be interesting to see what your LX can do with the extended shocks.

Be interesting to see what your LX can do with the extended shocks.

We're both thinking the same! Half wanting to pull out the two post lift in my garage to try and get a measurement.

Just staring at pictures, I gotta think an AHC extended setup, or any 200-series with Kings or equivalent type long travel setup, would easily be in the 700+ RTI (800+?) range. I haven't been able to grab any great flexed out pics when on the trail as we're too busy having fun.

This is what the king of the RTI tracker hill looks like for a 724 score (top) for the newer JL Wrangler Rubicon. 687 bottom is the older JK Rubicon.

@Killacaviar 's setup looks more lurid than these with his aggressive extended AHC setup. And 200-series being on a shorter wheelbase gives it advantages in RTI (112.2" vs 118.4" , LC to Wrangler respectively)

1670092899080.png

1670093215221.png

We're both thinking the same! Half wanting to pull out the two post lift in my garage to try and get a measurement.

Just staring at pictures, I gotta think an AHC extended setup, or any 200-series with Kings or equivalent type long travel setup, would easily be in the 700+ RTI (800+?) range. I haven't been able to grab any great flexed out pics when on the trail as we're too busy having fun.

This is what the king of the RTI tracker hill looks like for a 724 score (top) for the newer JL Wrangler Rubicon. 687 bottom is the older JK Rubicon.

@Killacaviar 's setup looks more lurid than these with his aggressive extended AHC setup. And 200-series being on a shorter wheelbase gives it advantages in RTI (112.2" vs 118.4" , LC to Wrangler respectively)

View attachment 3184423

View attachment 3184433
On my relatively lightweight rig at least, I’ll need to go down to 550# front springs to maximize things. The stock king 2.5” 600s just won’t contact the bump stops under articulation, even when pointed down hill.

I’ve tested this real-world, not just on a ramp.

550s are slowly in the works.

Just for context, stock coils are 500#.

Added the Ineos Grenadier. RTI of 585.

Maybe I don't understand what all the hubbab is about, when a stock cruiser is capable of much more.

Maybe I don't understand what all the hubbab is about, when a stock cruiser is capable of much more.
The Grenadier is a bit of a contradiction but I find it oddly appealing. The positives: Old school good looks, ~1750 lb payload, twin solid axles, triple locked, turbo induction for good high altitude performance, easily customizable, flat roof that will lend it self to Troopy style tent conversions, available factory winch, snorkel, steel bumpers, roof ladder, dual batteries and high load electrical panel. The negatives: Derivative of the Defender 110, minor payload increase over the LC 200, solid front axle reduces on road handling, no gauge cluster behind wheel only warning lights (everything is in the center stack), currently no aftermarket support, under powered given the nearly 6000 lb curb weight, unknown durability/reliability.

I want to like the Grenadier aesthetically speaking but each time I look at it I can't help but see a poorly generated generic computer game version of a Defender 110. In other words, it looks like a generic Defender IMHO and that just doesn't sit right with me.

I want to like the Grenadier aesthetically speaking but each time I look at it I can't help but see a poorly generated generic computer game version of a Defender 110. In other words, it looks like a generic Defender IMHO and that just doesn't sit right with me.
To be honest, i don’t like to buy wannabe of anything. If i am going to buy, then i buy the real thing and spend the money.

(Of course, to some eyes, our LC is the wannabe of Toyota Highlander!) :D

Radius arms don’t flex that well unless they are super long. The g-wagon has the Same issue. They really don’t have impressive RTI for the pedigree that they have.

Radius arms don’t flex that well unless they are super long. The g-wagon has the Same issue. They really don’t have impressive RTI for the pedigree that they have.
The Grenadier uses a five link suspension not radius arms. It is very similar to the suspension used in the Jeep Wrangler. With the addition of a disconnecting front sway bar the Grenadier would have a much higher RTI score. The aftermarket is likely to produce multiple disconnect options.

The Grenadier uses a five link suspension not radius arms. It is very similar to the suspension used in the Jeep Wrangler. With the addition of a disconnecting front sway bar the Grenadier would have a much higher RTI score. The aftermarket is likely to produce multiple disconnect options.

Ah thanks for setting me straight

Thanks for the info. So our rear suspension is also a 5-link architecture. We trade IFS to Grenadiers 5-link in front. Grenadier seems to have tuned pretty conservatively for the stock package. Then again, Toyota is the definition of conservative and we're getting more from an IFS suspension architecture that's generally considered more accurate but constrained?

Must be the front disconnect to your point.

I'd like to see how it plays out for Grenadier as a disconnecting sway solution seems key to a balanced all around vehicle. A big omission in my mind. Or Toyota was ahead of its time with KDSS and AHC to create a functional and seamless sway bar disconnect. Save for the new Bronco, none of the factory flex specials higher on the list come close to the on-road competency of the 200-series.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. So our rear suspension is also a 5-link architecture. We trade IFS to Grenadiers 5-link in front. Grenadier seems to have tuned pretty conservatively for the stock package. Then again, Toyota is the definition of conservative and we're getting more from a more accurate IFS suspension architecture that's generally considered more accurate but constrained?

Must be the front disconnect to your point.

I'd like to see how it plays out for Grenadier as a disconnecting sway solution seems key to a balanced all around vehicle. A big omission in my mind. Or Toyota was ahead of its time with KDSS and AHC to create a functional and seamless sway bar disconnect. Save for the new Bronco, none of the factory flex specials higher on the list come close to the on-road competency of the 200-series.
When i had my G-wagen, flex was never an issue to be honest with the axle lockers. I went further than others with better flex. I lost mostly to Wrangler Rubis mostly because of their small footprint and lockers.

It would be nice to have both flex and front & rear axle lockers on our LCs. But our CRAWL and articulation are good combo.

Last edited:
Ford Raptor R score posted:
'23 Ford F-150 Raptor R: 525

Ford Raptor R score posted:
'23 Ford F-150 Raptor R: 525

Is the R a lowered or lifted variant?
Wheres the leader board again?

Is the R a lowered or lifted variant?
Wheres the leader board again?

1st post of this thread.

R is practically the same suspension as the normal Raptor on 37s, travel limiter included for the larger 37s over the 35s. Just comes with the big V8 from the supercharged Mustang Shelby GT500.

Raptors are not great crawlers even with 37s, maybe reflecting RTIs. Give them some room to stretch, and watch out.

If anyone in Houston has these sort of test ramps (is height & grade standard?) im dying to see how I fair. Currently busy with work and moving but in the H mid to end of April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom