Survival Knife? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Threads
Seriously? But, I'm sure I'm not the only one who somehow acquired one of these in the 80's. Now they're back in the game… As seen on TV. I love where the guy has it strapped to a stick and is sawing down a tree limb.

https://www.rockyknife.com/?mid=5178283

That Sheffield is a brute! Yeah, we all got a big style knife from way back. I have an old Kaybar, indestructible! I still have it in the
truck all the time, razor sharp. All knives are survival knives - if that's all you have!

I agree. A big survival knife basically says, "I have a small pecker"

Here is a Northern California "survival knife"

81lngUxyvHS._SX522_.jpg

I agree. A big survival knife basically says, "I have a small pecker"

Here is a Northern California "survival knife"

81lngUxyvHS._SX522_.jpg
I love Opinels, skinned and quartered a mule deer with a number 7 this fall. I have the one shown above in the picnic box we take on day trips, you never know when you might have to forage for a wild bottle of Pinot Noir.

I have a knife that I really like that was given to me, but I can't find another one. It doesn't have a name on it, but I think it was obtained through the Turkey Federation. It works great for skinning, cutting, opening cans, etc. Very similar to this, but with two piece wood handle and a index finger notch....

image.jpg

I need to find another one.

I had one of the originals with an aluminum hollow handle. This was around 1980. I was ten. While it was no great knife, it was tough. The saw wasn't a saw, the blade was near unsharpenable. But when I went on to bigger and better blades, I facilitated a torture test on the ultimate survival knife and it took some serious effort to break the blade.

A friend had one with a plastic handle that broke quickly. He carved a stick to fit in the handle for a spear and it broke on the first throw.

Now I carry a Blackjack #5

But at $14.95 and only $7.50 shipping and handling it's just like seen on TV. And you get a FREE paracord bracelet! For another $7.50 shipping and handling fee. So for two hours work at the new minimum wage you can have survival gear and a survival bracelet. Line forms behind me........

There is one... $9.99 ($CDN!!)...it is called "Rough Use Knife"

Very sturdy. I bought 10 of these and give them away to friends. Chopped wood when I forgot my axe.

There are reviews on YouTube ...Some people post "fail" videos, but nothing is indestructible...and for $9.99, gimme a break!

ESEE or bust! I have a damascus Izula and Its awesome.

$15 wallyworld specials dont cut it when you are really relying on a knife.

Well of course you can buy a better knife for more money! But you also can't go wrong having one of these in every vehicle (and keep your ESEE on you).

Well of course you can buy a better knife for more money! But you also can't go wrong having one of these in every vehicle (and keep your ESEE on you).

Very true... I keep an old Gerber in my vehicle... thats about as low as I will trust. I have been called a knife snob...

Amazon:
SOG Specialty Knives & Tools M37N-CP Seal Pup Knife with Partially Serrated Fixed 4.75-Inch AUS-8 Steel Blade and GRN Handle, Powder Coated Finish $48.35

I would much rather spend 15 bucks more and get a lower grade Gerber fixed blade instead of that...

And I agree on the ESEE or bust statement.

I have in my 3 vehicles an ESEE, Fallkniven abd Busse fixed blades and for folders in the vehicles there are the A.G. Russel Folding Cook's knife, DPX Gear Hest T3, Kershaw Leek and on me Zero Tolerance 566 T3

For axes I keep a Gransfor Bruks Scandinavian Forest Axe, Ranger XR rescue axe, Busse Kill Devil Hawk and Woodman's Pal Miltery 284

I have an Adamas by Benchmade serrated. It's definitely not $14.95 but this is a life time knife and is very nice. That and a portion of my purchase went to the Rangers Assistance Foundation. A charity we all should support.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/275

Love that Adamas! Good looking knife. You should check out the professional soldier that Chris Rieves makes....

Oh yeah that is nice.

Pssst---the PS is a quiet knife designed for the Quiet Professionals!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom