STOPTECH or Brembo Rotors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here used the STOPTECH drilled/slotted rotors

OR

Brembo regular rotors none slotted/drilled

Like to hear your guys thoughts on these rotor options.

Thanks!

Both made in China by the same Chinese guy!

That being said I just use cheap centric or akebono rotors.

I use Akebono Pads, I really like them. I dont think they make rotors though... I could be mistaken.

I have used both. Both are fine. Brembo are OEM for a number of different manufactures, so good quality. I have the stoptech drilled/slotted rotors now and will probably not get them next time because they can get mud and gunk lodged in the holes if you get yourself good and stuck.

I’ve used brembo rotors on my 93 Toyota Truck (sold) and on my 97 LC and have never had any problems, so I can recommend the Brembos.

I’ve used brembo rotors on my 93 Toyota Truck (sold) and on my 97 LC and have never had any problems, so I can recommend the Brembos.
Same story, used them when I upgraded to the later model brakes.

I researched brembo's but went with Terrain tamers got here on forum

I use Akebono Pads, I really like them. I dont think they make rotors though... I could be mistaken.

You could be right, I also use akebono pads and they have been great. As long as you stick with main brands although not sure if powerstop would be considered main brands then you should be ok. They are ALL made in china.

I have Brembo blanks on mine now. Stops very well with Raybestos reman master and calipers, Hawk super duty front pads and Hawk LTS rear pads. Haven't had them on too long but their reputation is well known and many guys use them on their weekend track cars.

Brembo blanks. I use them on everything and they have never given me any problems.

... Hawk super duty front pads and Hawk LTS rear pads. Haven't had them on too long but their reputation is well known and many guys use them on their weekend track cars.

They work well on track cars, that is not how I use my '80, but :meh:. :hillbilly:

Stoptech fan here. Others are surely fine but Stoptech is good stuff. Slotted not drilled. I like the powder coating, a nice plus.

What's wrong with OEM rotors and EBC green pads? I have this combination and removed from LSPV from the system. The truck stops perfectly and predictably every time.

No matter what you end up using, take the time to properly bed your new brake pads, It's an extra step that many installers don't bother doing, but it's well worth the effort.

Last edited:
They work well on track cars, that is not how I use my '80, but :meh:. :hillbilly:
I use my 80 and my Camaro quite different too, just saying Brembo and Centric are both quality is all!

Check out DBA rotors.

DIsc Brakes Australia. Made in Australia.

I've used them on a few cars including my HZJ105. I put slotted, NOT drilled "T2" DBA rotors on the HZJ105. Straight away it stopped a hell of a lot better than it did with worn out rotors and worn out pads :hillbilly:. May have had the same result with an OEM style rotor too?

I used Chinese made rotors on the front of my HZJ105, and they wore down extremely quickly, and warped a little.

I have DBA rotors on my commuter hack sedan. it gets done brake shudder occasionally, but a few heavy stops in quick succession from 70 to 30mph seems to sort it out, so I think I'll try different pads next time.

I used the DBX gold rotors and EBC pads. No issues with fade and seem to work really well. I had to replace both front calipers when I did the brakes so they were really fresh up front!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom