Events/Trails SSS (Southern Swine Soirée) 2023 - Land Between the Lakes KY. Let’s go! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm at land between the lake right now and I nominate Gray Point for a camp location. Freaking beautiful and the road in is just rough enough to keep the nomadlanders out.

16922841813024132955291198711134.jpg

16922842208797916969152178879481.jpg

16922842489101579781242454484866.jpg

So... some more details about LBL.

Here's the most recent Motor Vehicle Use Map I could find.

There are three opportunities for fuel. One in Aurora, west of LBL on Hwy 68/80. One east of LBL, also on 68/80. South of LBL in Big Rock on Hwy 79. Aurora was pretty much wiped out during COVID, so little else is there.

There are small shopping opportunities (Dollar Generalish) in all three directions.

There is a decent BBQ shack in Aurora and a McDonald's in Big Rock and several places in Dover, which is east on 79, near the Fort Donelson battlefield.

Attachments

• MVUM.pdf
    13.7 MB · Views: 43
Here are the event graphics for the SSS '23! I'll be putting the product page up on Ace Overland soon, and share the link when everything is ready for pre-order!

I may offer some Print-On-Demand products such as wall banners, poster prints, or coffee cups, etc. If you are interested in something like that, tell me below! These would be made on a case by case basis by another company other than myself, but it does allow me to offer some cool things with the SSS artwork on it. The t-shirts and decals I'll still handle myself, as always.

I am also considering offering Long Sleeve in Adult sizes (youth sizes in long sleeve are questionable, unless I can find the right quality shirt).

DETAIL.jpg

Shirt-Mock-Up.png

Sticker-Mock-Up.jpg

Here are the event graphics for the SSS '23! I'll be putting the product page up on Ace Overland soon, and share the link when everything is ready for pre-order!

I may offer some Print-On-Demand products such as wall banners, poster prints, or coffee cups, etc. If you are interested in something like that, tell me below! These would be made on a case by case basis by another company other than myself, but it does allow me to offer some cool things with the SSS artwork on it. The t-shirts and decals I'll still handle myself, as always.

I am also considering offering Long Sleeve in Adult sizes (youth sizes in long sleeve are questionable, unless I can find the right quality shirt).

View attachment 3413394

View attachment 3413395

View attachment 3413396

You realize half of Land Between the Lakes is in Tennessee, right?

I do! But a bourbon theme was requested, so I was just following the design brief.
Bourbon lover here. but no dog in this hunt. You might listen to "Tennessee Whiskey" first done by David Allan Coe, then George Jones and lately Chris Stapleton.
Realize I might be starting a product battle involving regional pride. I have a friend, a California wine snob, who swears his home county makes superior vino. "Napa is for auto parts, Sonoma is for wine" according to him.

Bourbon lover here. but no dog in this hunt. You might listen to "Tennessee Whiskey" first done by David Allan Coe, then George Jones and lately Chris Stapleton.
Realize I might be starting a product battle involving regional pride. I have a friend, a California wine snob, who swears his home county makes superior vino. "Napa is for auto parts, Sonoma is for wine" according to him.

Fair enough, I'm not biased to KY bourbon or Tn whiskey - I love them all. When I spoke to Clay, he said Kentucky, LBL, so I ran with that.

I suggest a return to LBL for a future Soiree, and it be TN Whiskey themed. A compromise of sorts.

Just gonna have to do all things Kentucky this trip, then Tenn the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom