SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How is the upper console supposed to open? I read through the manual last night convinced that there was no upper console.

Is there a console organization thread specific to the 200?

Is there a tray that fits the non cool box 200?

What is the best way to carry 4 cups in the front of the 200?

How is the upper console supposed to open? I read through the manual last night convinced that there was no upper console.

Is there a console organization thread specific to the 200?

Is there a tray that fits the non cool box 200?

What is the best way to carry 4 cups in the front of the 200?

1. mine has two latches, one for the upper portion, one for the lower big box
2. no idea
3. I have a tray that goes in my big box where a cool box would be in a non HE version. It holds lots of receipts.
4. Two in the cup holders in the middle, one in each door, spilling all over the floor if they're large sodas with lids from a fountain.

Hi - I know this is dumb but the TPMS sensors cost much more than I thought they would.

I have an '08 LX570. I have a Check Tire Pressure System warning on the dash. Tire shop said that one of the TPMS is bad (dead battery); btw, is there a way to confirm this w/ the OBD reader I have?

I'm not sure what TPMS sensor the tire shop would use so I'm thinking it's best to go to the dealer and/or online and pick up a sensor.

Can you help me confirm that this is the right part? Website is indicating that it can't confirm fitment. Is it the same part as an '08 LC?

I found another option:

Last edited:
Hi - I know this is dumb but the TPMS sensors cost much more than I thought they would.

I have an '08 LX570. I have a Check Tire Pressure System warning on the dash. Tire shop said that one of the TPMS is bad (dead battery); btw, is there a way to confirm this w/ the OBD reader I have?

I'm not sure what TPMS sensor the tire shop would use so I'm thinking it's best to go to the dealer and/or online and pick up a sensor.

Can you help me confirm that this is the right part? Website is indicating that it can't confirm fitment. Is it the same part as an '08 LC?

Discount tire swapped out my TPMS sensors in 2018 and I havent had any issues FYI.

Thanks - okay, so aftermarket may be okay? I thought I saw some thread that cautioned against aftermarkets. But perhaps that was just in context of cheap ones off Amazon ($60 for 4). Brand name tire shop aftermarket are good to go?

Thanks - okay, so aftermarket may be okay? I thought I saw some thread that cautioned against aftermarkets. But perhaps that was just in context of cheap ones off Amazon ($60 for 4). Brand name tire shop aftermarket are good to go?

Can't make that call for you, only share my anecdotes. Sample size of 1.

I know there have be folks with issues with non toyota — but in my case I haven't had any issues since replacing at DT.

I found another option:
I get mine from here. Lexus LX TPMS Sensors | OEM TPMS, Tools, Accessories | TPMSBargains - https://www.tpmsbargains.com/Lexus-LX-TPMS-s/308.htm
I have currently run the OE (summer tires) and Schrader (winter tires) and have had no issue with either.

I know there have be folks with issues with non toyota — but in my case I haven't had any issues since replacing at DT.
+1 for Discount Tire. I too have an '08 and I had two die within a month of each other and got them all replaced by Discount Tire in early 2021. No issues. Discount usually stands behind their work and the one local to me has always been honest/helpful. YMMV

Similar to tbisaacs, I purchased new wheels with new TPMS sensors at Discount/Americas Tire and I have not had any issues with warnings. They have to program the sensors to the truck when the new ones are installed, they use a special code reader tool (not a typical OBD scan tool). So sample size >1.

I purchase Denso/Pacific, program them myself in the ECU, they work great and last a very long time.

If a TPMS sensor goes dead, is there a reason the "Check TPMS System" indicator shows instead of continuing to show the pressures for other tires from which data is available? Just show one of the sensors is offline or something. Not only do you lose information from other wheels, but now you don't even know which wheel might be dead. I'm sure there is a reason but I can't intuitively determine one. Is the info available in OBD somewhere? If yes, maybe I can dig up my scanner - I use it so rarely that I forget where I store it.

Yeah that’s been a frustration of mine. It shows an error and you lose all the other information the system provides while in thr error state. Truly stupid.

Agree in the design flaw. You can retrieve the info about which sensor is failed from OBD port.

I was installing a battery heater and had my main battery unplugged and wanted to open the rear hatch.
I found that the buttons on the hatch don’t work if there is no power (obvious but not something I had thought of before).

So what happens if your battery dies and you need to open that hatch (I keep my jumper cable in a drawer back there)?
Is there a way to open the hatch without power?

In this thread, you only have to apologize if your question is NOT stupid... :cheers:
There are no stupid questions. Only stupid peop---
Umm, never mind!

The light in my glovebox is out and has NEVER worked AFAIK. How do you replace the light in the glovebox? I didn't even know the glovebox even had a light until a friend pointed it out. Thanks in advance.

The light in my glovebox is out and has NEVER worked AFAIK. How do you replace the light in the glovebox? I didn't even know the glovebox even had a light until a friend pointed it out. Thanks in advance.
It’s a lot of fun. 😂

It isn't a big deal to drop the glove box. 10 minutes max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom