SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

There are a lot of little things that I wonder about but I don't feel merit that I start a new thread. Still, I'm curious. Maybe this can serve as a repository for those misc questions that are still searchable but don't necessarily fit elsewhere? If no one else sees the value I'll just post mine here LOL!

Can we make Radar Cruise Control the second option when we activate CC? As it stands on our '14 Radar is the first option and you have to push the CC lever fwd to select normal cruise.

If we can't change to default to normal cruise control, can we disable Radar Cruise control via a dealer tool code?

Is the seat ventilation with a/c ('14) on a timer and does the rheostat really do anything for cooling adjustment? Our front seat ventilation seems to cool a little for just a bit but then seems to deactivate or cool less after some time.

Is there a dealer code to speed up the dash response when switching between various functions? It is fairly well understood that +2 seconds for User Experience (UX) with electronics is beyond the normal persons patience threshold. People lose interest and in this case it is a distraction for longer than it should be.

Is the seat ventilation with a/c ('14) on a timer and does the rheostat really do anything for cooling adjustment? Our front seat ventilation seems to cool a little for just a bit but then seems to deactivate or cool less after some time.
The seats are not cooled per se, but merely ventilated. The controls do set the fan the differing speeds. If the air under the seat is cool, it will feel cool coming through the seat ....

The seats are not cooled per se, but merely ventilated. The controls do set the fan the differing speeds. If the air under the seat is cool, it will feel cool coming through the seat ....

Ahhh makese perfect sense now. Ambient is extra cool at fan spool up. I misunderstood the use of 'heated/cooled'.

Regarding cooled seats I have used the technique of turning it off when car is off and then turning back on seems to be "cooler" than leaving on all the time. Or if it's been on and doesn't seem to be flowing air as normal turn it off and turn it back on and air will flow better. Who knows but works for me.

Been meaning to look in manual but always forget. how do you use normal intermittent wipers vs auto sensor when you pull lever down once? The auto can be finicky and would like the normal intermittent.

and ya wanna cut the auto off when ya run through a car wash:)

Rigger's SQOTD: My 2Hundy is missing the remote for the ceiling DVD screen. Is there a way to use the player without the remote?

Rigger's SQOTD: My 2Hundy is missing the remote for the ceiling DVD screen. Is there a way to use the player without the remote?
I can lower mine via the front screen, and then once you put a movie in the dvd player in theory you would be up and running!

Is there a dealer code to speed up the dash response when switching between various functions? It is fairly well understood that +2 seconds for User Experience (UX) with electronics is beyond the normal persons patience threshold. People lose interest and in this case it is a distraction for longer than it should be.

This is a good question, and the "infotainment" in my 2015 is horrible! I have a 2015 Sienna that has an incredible Entune system (and a better sound system!), and a 2015 Lexus RC with a top notch system (same as Sienna, just more bells and whistles). Those cars combined are just barely more than my LC with the antiquated system. So sad...

But I wonder also if there is a way to put those NEW Entune systems in the 200...

And sorry--you said "dash response"--I'm not sure if you mean the main display screen for nav, etc. --that's the one I'm talking about. The area with the guages is fine (although seriously, which tire is which on the pressure guage---I know, I know, search function) :)

This is a good question, and the "infotainment" in my 2015 is horrible! I have a 2015 Sienna that has an incredible Entune system (and a better sound system!), and a 2015 Lexus RC with a top notch system (same as Sienna, just more bells and whistles). Those cars combined are just barely more than my LC with the antiquated system. So sad...

But I wonder also if there is a way to put those NEW Entune systems in the 200...

And sorry--you said "dash response"--I'm not sure if you mean the main display screen for nav, etc. --that's the one I'm talking about. The area with the guages is fine (although seriously, which tire is which on the pressure guage---I know, I know, search function) :)

I don't think the search function will help you. The sensors log in 'randomly' to the TPMS controller. They would need one pressure receiver for each wheel to display placement and I suspect they don't have that. I use 15 different wheels and if there is a pattern I have not found it. I can always see the spare at a higher PSI but it moves around in the display stack.

Pull up the Parking Brake and DVD Player controls should become "active" as well as let you watch the movie

There is a thread on here where somebody tricked the vehicle into thinking the Parking Brake was up all the time, thus letting front passengers watch movie while truck is running :meh:

Anybody have suggestions for the following:

Soap
Wax
Leather cleaner/protectant
Dash cleaner/protectant
Wheel/tire cleaner

Anybody have suggestions for the following:

Soap
Wax
Leather cleaner/protectant
Dash cleaner/protectant
Wheel/tire cleaner
I use mothers soap.
I like collonite wax. It's inexpensive and lasts a long time. If your interested I will post pics of the ones I use.
Nothing beats lexol leather cleaner and conditioner
I clean my wheels with Daytona brushes with car wash soap
For tire shine I like mothers, smart and Adams.
Don't forget the clay. I like griots.

Here are pics of all the stuff I use frequently.
First pic are the waxes I use for different seasons. Collonite make a very popular boat wax which is how I found the the 845 is the easiest wax I have ever used. If I don't have to clay I want the whole truck in less than 60 min.
The P21s goes on the M5 and has awesome depth but doesn't last very long.
I use the 476s on the land cruiser and GL if I have more time. The 915 is for the black GL when I have all day.
Wheel wax is a great product to apply to new wheels so the break dust washes away easier.
Second pic shows the Daytona wheel brushes for getting between spokes and reaching in and getting the inside of the wheel. Also the boarshair brush is for the wheel face.
I always use multiple microfiber mitts and mothers soap.
The last pic is an essential. These are called Grit Guards. They go an the bottom of your buckets so the grit falls of of reach of your washing mitt. I use three buckets. One for soap and two for rinsing the washing mitt before putting it back into the soap.
I use the Adams spray wax on my waffle towel when I'm drying the vehicles.
I take really good care of my cars and trucks.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443968864.709349.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443968883.501528.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443968896.623995.jpg

What kind of a buffer do you like to use ? I'm in the hunt for a decent one. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom