SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is my stupid question of the day. Will wheels from 2016+ fit on a 2011 with no spacers/modifications, etc?

I can't see your links, but this is what I use. It filters a ton better than the oem thin gauze ones.

EPAuto CP285 (CF10285) Premium... Amazon product ASIN B014TYRQUY

Here is my stupid question of the day. Will wheels from 2016+ fit on a 2011 with no spacers/modifications, etc?

Yes is not entirely true. The front center caps will need slight modification to fit as the cap on the hub protrudes farther on the earlier models so the cap doesn't seat without a little work.

I find I like this brand better for a little more. Side by side with the EPAutos, has about 30% more pleats.

https://a.co/d/93KU6tv

The amazon one has a carbon filter, the toyota ones are very thin guaze like material. I tried the toyota one assuming it would be better, but it was a major disappointment.

I don't know the difference between the two you posted. I looked at both of the links. If you are going to buy genuine, call the parts guys at a good parts department and ask. They'll get you the right part. they have a different program than is visible online.

I go through more of these (and engine air filters) when offroading in dusty conditions and travel with spares.

I go through more of these (and engine air filters) when offroading in dusty conditions and travel with spares.

Ayup. The silt in my area really loads up the filters that I'm always changing them out. I at a minimum blow them out and more often then not, change them as I have extras on hand.

That's how I happen to come upon comparing the EPAutos to Kootec.

Thank you. Now just need to find some.

And a 2011 RES remote!!

There is a facebook group for selling these wheels called 5 x 150.

I find I like this brand better for a little more. Side by side with the EPAutos, has about 30% more pleats.

https://a.co/d/93KU6tv
I see this one has the size listed at 7.5 by 8.5, the one installed in mine is larger than that when measuring the plastic that houses the actual filter. Do you remove the filter part from the plastic housing… is this the process to replace?

87C776DC-46AD-421C-BFFF-497DA1654FF9.jpeg

5B39262C-657E-4291-A971-82AB7BB86CF0.jpeg

I thank you. My wife hates you. 😂

I see this one has the size listed at 7.5 by 8.5, the one installed in mine is larger than that when measuring the plastic that houses the actual filter. Do you remove the filter part from the plastic housing… is this the process to replace?

View attachment 3127202
View attachment 3127204
You just remove the filter element from the frame and replace it with the new one.

I've been on that group and it is good. Even though it is horrible tech, Craigslist is another source. I've picked up new takeoffs for a fair price and sold rims/tires there as well.

What are the negative effects of a tire rubbing the kdss bar at full right turn other then the obvious tire wear? For instance, does it damage the sway bar, etc.?

Last edited:
What are the negative effects of a tire rubbing the kdss bar at full right turn other then the obvious tire wear? For instance, does it damage the sway bar, etc.?

If you didn't notice it then it could lead to a blow out.

If you didn't notice it then it could lead to a blow out.
True with the constant wear. I had a 295 test fit and it only hits the KDSS bar a full lock turn as most people use the engine throttle speed…such as turning into a side load home garage to park. I’m more worried about hurting the KDSS bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom