Builds Spyduh's LX450 Build (Motor Rebuild + Wits End Turbo Kit) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oil leak from feed hose. Bad crimp. @NLXTACY sending me a new one like stupid fast. Be here tomorrow

20200208_120956_HDR.jpg

What do you do when your 80 isn't home and you need something to wrench on? Work on your half cut toyota pickup trailer.

I been needing to move the axle back an inch. When I took it to Turf and Surf 2019 on its maiden voyage it was rubbing on the front inner lip.

I bought Ruff Stuff axle relocation plate to move it back an inch to give me room. I still need to sawzall the rear a bit to clearance it since it will now rub at that point. But its easier and cleaner looking to trim the rear then to trim the front.

20200209_124909-COLLAGE.jpg

If you follow Joey's social then you've already seen this vid.

Finished my exhaust at my buddies shop. The bend from the factory to the new shorty downpipe was way off. Not even close to bend it to meet together. So we cut the original pipe right at the factory weld in front of the first cat. My buddy is a wizard when it comes to bending custom exhausts. He had one shot to bend it 60 degrees and knocked it out the first try. It fit snug in Joey's shorty DP and into the original cat. Originally we were going to go full custom exhaust and we bought a new muffler (Allied StreetMax https://team-allied.com/rt-4064-team-allied-street-series.html) and the delivered it to the shop. Only problem is they sent the wrong one and sent the small 14" body muffler and not the 18" one. I wasn't waiting till Wednesday to drive my truck. M,W,F are the only days they go to their smaller warehouse for a restock.

So I went back to my old plan on using a good used OEM muffler. Cut, fit, weld and it's almost as good as new. I replaced all OEM exhaust hanger bushings since they were all completely cracked which is what cracked my muffler and cat at the welds.

Otherwise it's rewire time. Not my favorite task. This time I'm trying a different way to mount relays and I also added a switch pro 9100 to my wiring plan.

20200212_003948.jpg

20200212_010643.jpg

Last edited:
LOVE my Switch Pro!

Great thread.

Looks great man!

Is there a reason you relocated the upstream O2 sensor?

Notice the pipe. It's not factory. we cut it completely off. I cut out the bung off the original and rewelded it in. I put it in as close to the original location as possible. slightly further over since it was so close to the firewall. if I were to do it again, I would move it down closer to the front of the cat. The upstream o2 harness is right behind that body mount.

downpipe.jpg

Last edited:
Notice the pipe. It's not factory. we cut it completely off. I cut out the bung off the original and rewelded it in. I put it in as close to the original location as possible. slightly further over since it was so close to the firewall. if I were to do it again, I would move it down closer to the front of the cat. The upstream o2 harness is right behind that body mount.

View attachment 2209462

Is this the O2? If you are concerned about passing smog legally with presumed turbo CARB approval, O2 sensors must stay in original location and orentation. (I understand not everyone cares. Just sharing info.)

20200212_221827.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the O2? If you are concerned about passing smog legally with presumed turbo CARB approval, O2 sensors must stay in original location and orentation. (I understand not everyone cares. Just sharing info.)
Ok I just realized I accidently put it in the wrong spot. Wtf. Oh well. It's staying there for now. If I have problems I'll have another pipe bent.

Either that or I'll weld in another bung and buy a block off plate for the one i put in the wrong spot.
Simple fix Oxygen Sensor Block Plate Kit - 2-Bolt Style

Last edited:
Ok I just realized I accidently put it in the wrong spot. Wtf. Oh well. It's staying there for now. If I have problems I'll have another pipe bent.

Either that or I'll weld in another bung and buy a block off plate for the one i put in the wrong spot.
Simple fix Oxygen Sensor Block Plate Kit - 2-Bolt Style

Maybe just cut and flip the pipe?

Maybe just cut and flip the pipe?

Won't work. pipe was bent specifically for that position. Plus it's easier to just drill a new hole and weld on a bung. I can do that myself at home in less than 30mins and cap off the other bung.

Or I weld on a wide bang bung ontop of the wrong one and install this EGT sensor. I wanted one of these anyway, but I really don't need to know temp of the exhaust. EGT Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Module Combo Kit

1st oil change after rebuild and 50 miles.

I also coughed up $285 for a brand new one ps pump. The one I rebuilt did not fix my problem. There goes $85 on a rebuild kit. Oh well.

I would have tore it all apart again but my mechanic buddy says its bad vanes. Its 90 for both vanes from toyota dealer.

$90 for a Reman or $285 for new oem. I went new so I don't have to deal with it for another 200k.

Sigh

20200213_175730.jpg

20200213_165955.jpg

20200213_181003.jpg

20200213_181202.jpg

Last edited:
Are you keeping your dual battery’s? If so what washer fluid solution are you going to run?

sorry if I missed it.
Briano is using this Napa washer with duals.

Im trying a universal Amazon one. Will report back this weekend when i try the install.

What happened to the Jdm inside the fender one?
I know someone used this before. I swear I saw a post on it. Was it @NLXTACY ? Anyway the universal Amazon was was under $25 shipped prime to my door. Super easy to order and not hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom