Builds Spyduh's LX450 Build (Motor Rebuild + Wits End Turbo Kit) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Boost. Uploading first start video shortly.

20200206_172721-COLLAGE.jpg

Awesome! What a big day!

It looks like your OEM oil pressure sender isn’t hooked up to the peace pipe ✌
Yeah im not sure why it doesn't work. I checked the wires and its hooked to the sender. Its showing super low. Tomorrow I check the wiring again. I know its a sub harness and maybe I didn't click it in all the way to the main harness.

Also its time for me to hook my PLX so I can get full stats. AFR, boost, water temp, oil temp and oil pressure sensor and install my @Delta VS Shifter Console.

Otherwise she runs again. I have a few trans hose leaks that I need to replace. The one at the bell housing above the starter (f!!d me). Why I didn't do those when it was easy is beyond me. Sigh

Last edited:
My local parts manager called me back after the research dept got back to him. They called toy tech and toy parts and said they have no notes of it ever being an issue (being the wrong size snap). They said that part number has never been changed in the system since 92-93. He has nothing for me and essentially they don't know what to do at this point. Luckily I found a used snap ring that worked.

Whoever entered in the snap ring (in the parts catalog) for that VC originally back in 92-93 must have screwed up the dimensions and part number. That thread I found with Cdan on MUD said he did research back in 2013 and couldn't find the right snap either. If @cruiserdan can't find it it doesn't exist. need help! dealer keeps ordering a wrong snap ring for Viscous coupler

Most people will never buy a new VC snap ring either. Most people throw the broken VC away and go without it or upgrade to part time spool which gets rid of it too. VC snap is unobtainium new.

My local parts manager called me back after the research dept got back to him. They called toy tech and toy parts and said they have no notes of it ever being an issue (being the wrong size snap). They said that part number has never been changed in the system since 92-93. He has nothing for me and essentially they don't know what to do at this point. Luckily I found a used snap ring that worked.

Whoever entered in the snap ring (in the parts catalog) for that VC originally back in 92-93 must have screwed up the dimensions and part number. That thread I found with Cdan on MUD said he did research back in 2013 and couldn't find the right snap either. If @cruiserdan can't find it it doesn't exist. need help! dealer keeps ordering a wrong snap ring for Viscous coupler

Most people will never buy a new VC snap ring either. Most people throw the broken VC away and go without it or upgrade to part time spool which gets rid of it too. VC snap is unobtainium new.

Do you have a citation on that? I don't recall it.

Do you have a citation on that? I don't recall it.
Yeah I linked it. But here's the link again to exactly your post.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::repost::steer:

OK, I don't remember it but not surprising. If I had pursued it I would have remembered and put a cheater note in my special file.

Do you still have the original snap ring? If so, are there any marks on it? is the 34mm measured at the shaft groove?

Do you still have the original snap ring? If so, are there any marks on it? is the 34mm measured at the shaft groove?
I do not have the original. I bought a complete used VC from Kurt @cruiseroutfit and it didn't come with the snap. No big deal. I found a used snap from my buddies shop in a bin of random c clips. He thinks it came out of a mini truck TC.

I just wanted to update people to not waste their money or time trying those part numbers if they need replacement.

Also the reason why I do not have the original c clip is because I bought a rebuilt trans with low range gears and part time spool. I didn't want the PT spool and my tcase did not have the original clip.

Last edited:
Figured out why my dash oil pressure didnt work. Broken wire. I pulled the connector off and solder it back on. Good as new.

Hooked up my PLX gauges temp to make sure the sensors worked.
AFR, water temp 1 = coolant, water temp 2= oil temp, fuel pressure 1 = oil pressure. Need to try and rename them later.

Fixed some leaks at the block drain. Had to drain all coolant and clean it up and applied FIPG. The trans cooler lines at the bell housing above the starter was dripping. Went to local auto store and bought Gates 3/8 trans hose. Toyota discontinued the shaped oil cooler hoses.

Got the drive shaft in and the exhaust cut and ready to expand tomorrow. Need to install my front end ( lights, bumper, etc) to be street legal so I can drive home. I plan to tow it to my buddies shop and finish my exhaust work using his tube bender/expander and welder.

My other buddy is borrowing my Miller till his 1st gen pick (rock crawler) build gets completed. 1uz on 80 axles. I'm near the end of my build on my 80. I'll be spending all my free time on his rig so he can hopefully be ready for Cruise Moab. Its a little tight in time for CM2020. If not hell be ready for Rubithon 2020.

20200207_092206_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20200207-173041.png

20200208_005946-COLLAGE.jpg

20200208_005938-COLLAGE.jpg

Last edited:
Figured out why my dash oil pressure didnt work. Broken wire. I pulled the connector off and solder it back on. Good as new.

Hooked up my PLX gauges temp to make sure the sensors worked.
AFR, water temp 1 = coolant, water temp 2= oil temp, fuel pressure 1 = oil pressure. Need to try and rename them later.

Fixed some leaks at the block drain. Had to drain all coolant and clean it up and applied FIPG. The trans cooler lines at the bell housing above the starter was dripping. Went to local auto store and bought Gates 3/8 trans hose. Toyota discontinued the shaped oil cooler hoses.

Got the drive shaft in and the exhaust cut and ready to expand tomorrow. Need to install my front end ( lights, bumper, etc) to be street legal so I can drive home. I plan to tow it to my buddies shop and finish my exhaust work using his tube bender/expander and welder.

My other buddy is borrowing my Miller till his 1st gen pick (rock crawler) build gets completed. 1uz on 80 axles. I'm near the end of my build on my 80. I'll be spending all my free time on his rig so he can hopefully be ready for Cruise Moab. Its a little tight in time for CM2020. If not hell be ready for Rubithon 2020.

View attachment 2205001

View attachment 2205003

View attachment 2205004

View attachment 2205005

Nice gauges! You should post up in the gauge thread! Now that my turbo is en route I need to pull the trigger on some gauges.

Originally we we're going to bolt up a good used factory exhaust. Well my exhaust got jacked up because I guess I wheel like I stole it.

So instead of trying to fix it we're doing a custom exhaust and doing it right with 2.5" pipe. My truck is staying at my buddies shop till Mon. Need to order a 20 or 22 inch aftermarket muffler to weld everything back together. She sounds pretty good otherwise.

My buddy bent a 2.5 inch from shorty down pipe to the cat. Using the factory cats. I have an opportunity to go MagnaFlow, but I'm not sure if I want to do that. But if I did it will give me a high flow cat to really open up the exhaust restrictions.
20200208_165010.jpg

20200208_165953_HDR.jpg

20200208_161418.jpg

20200208_165038.jpg

20200208_165020.jpg

Last edited:
I also barely worked on the @Delta VS Shifter console today to do a quick test fit. Its super nice spot for my @NLXTACY turbo gauges. The only thing is the Delta doesn't work with the Tuffy. I have a Delta Center Console on order and had a couple problems that I had to send back to get corrected. Otherwise it will pair nicely. Delta has been super awesome about taking care of it.

It's all coming together.

For those that want to use the Tuffy and Delta Shifter together. Its possible with a little bit modding. Either trim the shifter console or the cup. I would do the cup if it was me.

20200208_130342_HDR.jpg

20200208_125148_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom