Split rear seats for my 60 series truck (I think I really want them) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

llewdis

the bad seed
SILVER Star
Threads
I have been looking to source a split rear seat for my 62 series truck, and I have found some that seem to be in pretty good condition. My problem is I don't know how reasonable the price is. Has anyone had them built for their truck? Or is willing to share what you paid for yours?

I have been looking to source a split rear seat for my 62 series truck, and I have found some that seem to be in pretty good condition. My problem is I don't know how reasonable the price is. Has anyone had them built for their truck? Or is willing to share what you paid for yours?
Let’s put it this way..... if you found them that’s a really good price

I have been looking and wanting for a long time now, looks like you looked harder and longer

either way, you found them so go get them

agree with above. $500+ would be my thought to expect.

Try to find a rusted out JDM HiRoof HJ61 import into Canada. They can import in 15 years vs the US 25. So they start to get rusty. That was how I sourced mine at least.

Found mine in EU. Seats are a bit higher than that, then add shipping.
So certainly not cheap.

Last set I saw for sale was in WA state, guy was asking $1,200. I inquired, they were already sold, and sold quickly he said.

Wow! That’s nuts!

That's what I thought. I think the $5-600 range is a fair price assuming good condition. I'd pay that, but not more.

@llewdis FYI the split seats require two floor brackets (hoops) that they latch to. The brackets are specific to the splits. Where ever you source them inquire about getting those brackets. They’re often not easy to find.
@dogfishlake fabricated his own hoops in the chunk build thread, some good photos of them in there.

@llewdis FYI the split seats require two floor brackets (hoops) that they latch to. The brackets are specific to the splits. Where ever you source them inquire about getting those brackets. They’re often not easy to find.
@dogfishlake fabricated his own hoops in the chunk build thread, some good photos of them in there.
This is valuable info.... thank you I didn’t/wouldn’t/hadn't thought about that

Torfab created new floor hoops for my seats, which didn't come with them.

Make sure you also get the latch posts. They're slightly different than the single bench seatback posts. A bit shorter and slightly angled IIRC.

Guess I got a bit of a deal on my seats. They were $200 + shipping back in 2019. But then that's about what I sold my nearly perfect front seats for, so I guess I payed it forward.

Went from this:
1617630636707.png

To this:
1617630683127.png

I have a set I think in my storage I'd sell if anyone is interested. I am in canada so shipping with the border would be a few bucks I'm sure. I do not have any of the brackets for them. Pm me if interested. Sorry for the hi-jack not my intention to disrupt the thread.

Torfab created new floor hoops for my seats, which didn't come with them.

Make sure you also get the latch posts. They're slightly different than the single bench seatback posts. A bit shorter and slightly angled IIRC.

Guess I got a bit of a deal on my seats. They were $200 + shipping back in 2019. But then that's about what I sold my nearly perfect front seats for, so I guess I payed it forward.

Went from this:
View attachment 2636046

To this:
View attachment 2636047

Just skimmed through your build thread, beautiful stuff.

Got any detailed shots of the rear seat footing mounts, etc?

Just skimmed through your build thread, beautiful stuff.

Got any detailed shots of the rear seat footing mounts, etc?
Thanks.

I don't unfortunately and away from home for a bit so can't take any. The feet are just through-bolted on the floor and the captive nuts for the single bench are plugged.

For the price of finding fold and tumble seats that will work, and having them recovered to match your rigs interior, why not take the bench apart and have a shop cut them in half / turn them into two seats? Like a 4Runner. This way they still fold flat and maximize the back end to sleep in or hold more and you still get the split seat. Fold and tumble don't allow a flat surface and take up a lot of room. Just my opinion.

For the price of finding fold and tumble seats that will work, and having them recovered to match your rigs interior, why not take the bench apart and have a shop cut them in half / turn them into two seats? Like a 4Runner. This way they still fold flat and maximize the back end to sleep in or hold more and you still get the split seat. Fold and tumble don't allow a flat surface and take up a lot of room. Just my opinion.
Hmm, haven't considered that.

I like that idea. I find the rear seat area to be pretty useless without the rear seatback folded flat so I've never been seriously interested in the split rear seat.

That set up would be the best bee's knees ever...I've stared at my bench seat many times contemplating that move. It would take some solid fab work to build the inner walls of the seat back and bottoms, floor latches, seat springs, upholstery. etc.

Very do-able in the right hands.

Good idea. 60/40 design would be nice to include a fold down armrest/cup holder into it.

Am I right in thinking that the C-pillars are identical though? The set I am looking at has the loop brackets and the 4 bolts included but I can't seem to find any information on the C-pillar being the same height for both the NA bench and the EU splits. Does anybody know? Did I miss it in this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom