Speedhut Gauges in your 60... wow! Best money spent! (1 Viewer)

Which background

• Black

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • White

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I literally ordered this afternoon and didn’t see this post until just now... guess I only lost out on 5%. I went Black and Red.

I made mounting plates that are attached to the same points as the OEM gauges. Look closely at the photo and you can see the black plates (3)

17523066_1478542655509954_6361590245372761194_n.jpg

@lcwizard sells the plates for a very reasonable price. Wasn't worth the time to make them given his price IMHO.

The wiring isn't too bad. I detailed it in my Moonshine thread if you're interested in the details.

Looks messy, but you can tap the OEM tach plug for switched power, backlight power and ground. After that, you need to hijack the fuel sender wires, source a constant power wire, and that's about it. Everything else is how you route the new sensor wires. The frayed wire at the top of the gauges is my tiny tach signal wire, something gas powered trucks wouldn't have.

What is everybody making the mounting plates from? Looks like 1/8" ABS or something similar?

LCWizard, do you make a set of plates with 4.25" hole for the 4.5" Guages?

I believe that LCWizard only makes the plates for the 60 series. The photos that I showed above are a 62 dash. I believe that I used 18 gauge sheet metal, cut it all out with a body saw. Jig saw or even the proper sized hole saw will work for the inner circle.

I was using 12 g. steel, powdered black. The large gauge is a 4" hole. As I recall that is the largest gauge I could fit in a 60 series
cluster. I don't have a 62 series panel to build from. As most things I build , my trucks are used as guinea pigs . I've owned many 60s but never a 62. Necessity has always been the mother of invention for me. At one time or another I've used everything I've built over the last 30 years. I modify everything I own which means someone needs to come up with a solution. Might as well be me.
If someone has a junk 62 gauge shell I can do something for 62. I'll be away all next week but when I get back I'll be cutting more of these panels for the 60. We sold what i had pretty quick when this thread hit

I made mounting plates that are attached to the same points as the OEM gauges. Look closely at the photo and you can see the black plates (3)

17523066_1478542655509954_6361590245372761194_n.jpg
@NCFJ Did you use the 4 1/2” gauges? And the 2 1/16” tach?

You are right on the mark

To keep a good thing going, I’m offering up to 15% off Speedhut orders! Give me a shout if you’d like to get an order started!

1F0A1DBE-E6E9-4537-8F3C-1A2311FF96BC.jpeg

6876C40A-6A57-4728-9282-E7E74810789A.jpeg

Got my instrument panel out Saturday and Speedhut Gauges in. @FJ60Cam has a nice mounting plate. I purchased the 4-1/2” and 2-1/16” gauges and they fit perfectly. The sensors have nice connectors for easy removal. Installed all the sensors and ran wire into cab. Hopefully can get it done this weekend.

View attachment 1982476
View attachment 1982475
Got my instrument panel out Saturday and Speedhut Gauges in. @FJ60Cam has a nice mounting plate. I purchased the 4-1/2” and 2-1/16” gauges and they fit perfectly. The sensors have nice connectors for easy removal. Installed all the sensors and ran wire into cab. Hopefully can get it done this weekend.

Loooks very nice; no tachometer? Good luck with the rest of the install!

Loooks very nice; no tachometer? Good luck with the rest of the install!
I tried to get it but had no more room for gauges and I felt EGT and boost were more important. I’ll be adding a Tiny Tach later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom