Speedhut Gauges in your 60... wow! Best money spent! (1 Viewer)

Which background

• Black

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • White

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone installed this floatless on a 62? I'm trying to install TNK-T-GML-07 in my 62 and it's catching the end of a baffle bracket and not allowing the top to sit flush. Anyone have similar experience?
How far off is it? We’ve sold several for both 62s & 60s, but haven’t had anyone report this yet. We only installed them in 60 tanks so far.

How far off is it? We’ve sold several for both 62s & 60s, but haven’t had anyone report this yet. We only installed them in 60 tanks so far.
Maybe a 1/16. Just enough to prevent it from mating up to the gasket. Was thinking about trying to pound it down but wanted to see if anyone else ran into this.

Here’s my mock-up. Couple questions:
Where’s best place to tap for the ignition and dash lighting source?
Did anyone tap into factory dimmer switch, if so, would love details.

1C9E6377-20A2-47FA-BFE3-D5DB9C58A06A.jpeg

Here’s my mock-up. Couple questions:
Where’s best place to tap for the ignition and dash lighting source?
Did anyone tap into factory dimmer switch, if so, would love details.

View attachment 3253530
Is that a lokar trim ring? I have been looking at that shifter for my ls swap.

Is that a lokar trim ring? I have been looking at that shifter for my ls swap.
Ha, I too have been trying to figure out what to do there. It’s the original 62 automatic shifter surround and not sure about cutting it up. Nothing fits perfectly due to the cable arm sticking out. Another idea I had last night was to use another parking brake fabric cover but again, it won’t ever fit flush to the floor.

My Lokar in my 60 uses the stock 60 series shift boot.

My shifter is for a 6L80e with sport mode tap up/down and has a cable arm sticking out the back. Seemed like the only option when I got it.
I think a leather boot with nice trim ring blends well in most cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom