SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (5 Viewers)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And we’re off

6C0F94E3-271E-4A0A-87FD-909C35D536AC.jpeg

Definitely avoid I-70, y’all.
Here’s another photo of I-70 through Glenwood Canyon from “I-70 Things” on Instagram. AVOID!
888F15B8-FED2-4CE9-93A3-D02B3286212D.jpeg

Heading up to Amarillo to meet the rest of the Texas Convoy and our ac compressor went out. Anyone from the Texas Convoy or KOA group have a spare for an fzj80? Looks like Oriley’s in Lubbock is the only store that has it in stock.

I am sure Brandon probably has one at his place.

I like where your head's at, @Zizzle. That set of resources is something that'll be nice to have, but geez, I hope none of us needs to get that deep into a rig this year.
Isn’t @rhah going to be there this year? 😉

FYI we are getting epic monsoon thunderstorms starting 2-5pm every eventing at the moment. Lots of thunder and lighting. Music in Ridgway was stormed out last night.

Us locals are pretty happy after a few drought years but it probably doesn't make camping, nights around the fire or coming down a mountain fun.

Got going at 5am with all my girls. Hit a traffic jam 120 out side Las Vegas held us up for 11/2hrs.
Then a monsoon slowed things down.
finally got to the Hurricane KOK after more then 12 hrs on the road.

Last edited:
FYI we are getting epic monsoon thunderstorms starting 2-5pm every eventing at the moment. Lots of thunder and lighting. Music in Ridgway was stormed out last night.

Us locals are pretty happy after a few drought years but it probably doesn't make camping, nights around the fire or coming down a mountain fun.
Yeah I was checking out the weather and rain pretty much every day till Thursday. Whenever I hear people complain about the rain in Colorado, I just tell to leave the state. We always need the rain here.

So…anyone have a spare ac compressor for a 12HT? Mine (non-functioning) started making intermittent sounds like the bearings are going. Thinking maybe I should just cut the belt and put on a smaller one to run the water pump. Just west of Ontario so may look there or in Boise for one tomorrow.

On second thought it is likely the ac clutch. Will try on and off and see if that makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom