SAS Solid Axle Summit 2017 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would I be okay on these trails for SAS?
yes sir! Last year was my first time in Ouray, and I was nervous as well. Sounds like you and I are running about the same setup. I hit the receiver hit a couple times. I did not encounter body or undercarriage damage at all. This includes Stoney Pass with my tent trailer.....

WOW guys thanks for the quick response. Sounds like I'd be okay. You just see all those pics of you guys up where the clouds and the eagles live on these trails and think wow, don't know if my COSTCO run cruiser can do the job. Here's a pic or two of mine around Ridgeway, CO right after I got the H55f conversion through Proffitt's Cruisers. Thanks again.

WOW guys thanks for the quick response. Sounds like I'd be okay. You just see all those pics of you guys up where the clouds and the eagles live on these trails and think wow, don't know if my COSTCO run cruiser can do the job. Here's a pic or two of mine around Ridgeway, CO right after I got the H55f conversion through Proffitt's Cruisers. Thanks again.

Rig looks great, you’re going to be just fine. It’s a quick learning curve hahahah

Who was that guy in the white 60 last year that did EVERYTHING in a stock rig with 31 inch tires? I was amazed. I think he was a trail leader on a few runs.

Who was that guy in the white 60 last year that did EVERYTHING in a stock rig with 31 inch tires? I was amazed. I think he was a trail leader on a few runs.

That was the one and only @cornboy. That 62 only has a 3" lift with 31x10.5s. He did stoney pass with us pulling the untrailtested trailer I had finished days before we left. Kudos to my bud Bill for driving up and doing what a basically stock 62 was meant to do.

THAT was DEFINITELY not me I'm a Newb!

organize

THAT was DEFINITELY not me I'm a Newb!
We were all newbs at one time

album-72157665087626527

Last edited:
I posted this on the SAS #2 thread and wanted to make sure all first year attendees have an opportunity to get a badge for their grill.

Any of the first year attendees wanting a badge for year one please either PM or E-Mail me. These will go into production as soon as this years batch is complete. The price on these will be $20 and limited to only first year attendees.
These can be purchased through the same PayPal Account, solidaxle2018@gmail.com, please leave a comment with SAS #1 badge and send as a gift so I can keep track of these.
Thanks, Casey

Casey, I'm in for the 1st year badge. Pm on the way.

John

EDIT: PayPal just sent for 1st year badge. Thanks to everyone...including Darrell The Machinist.

Last edited:
Wow, the history of that area blows me away. We need to do a historic type run. Spend some extra time in those spots. I believe the highest train turntable is somewhere on the way up Engineer Pass and is visible in the trees.
If anyone has good history and locations I would interested in making it an official run.

Wow, the history of that area blows me away. We need to do a historic type run. Spend some extra time in those spots. I believe the highest train turntable is somewhere on the way up Engineer Pass and is visible in the trees.
If anyone has good history and locations I would interested in making it an official run.
Ask and you shall receive:

Corkscrew Gulch Turntable
Turntable.jpg

Silverton Railroad Map.jpg

Perfect John. I'd like to do a trail with historical content of the area and make time to soak it in. This will be on my agenda for next year. Get up into Governors Basin and explore some. I will be in touch for some ideas if you don't mind.

I believe that truck is still on the property, walk past the camp sites past the storage shed and its backed in against the cliff

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom