SAS Solid Axle Summit 2017 Official Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who was tossing the idea of circling the wagons togeather for a night in the mountains? I’d totally be down for that this year.

Be great to have everyone circle and have a fire somewhere on Imogene
That sounds like a great idea.

I think we could find a spot to fit 20 ish rigs in the national forest. If y’all find anything post it up! Someone needs to stay at 4Js though so we get the shower room code...;)

Any chance of a June-July run for next year? Would be great for all us tied to the traditional school schedules.

Any chance of a June-July run for next year? Would be great for all us tied to the traditional school schedules.

At altitudes up to 13,100' above sea level the snow has not melted enough in June to get very far. Other date constraints include but are not limited to the number of vehicles be it Yeep, Toyota or other groups. Personally, I dont care for traffic jams out on the trail.
School schedules as well as days of the week all go into planning.

Roughly 5 months after leaving my parents home in San Jose, Ca for the SAS, my 60 finally made it back home this past weekend. Nearly nine miles outside of Fernly, Nv the knocking noise that had been getting progressively worse over the final week of the trip revealed itself as being the final cries of a severely beaten crankshaft key destroying itself.

Thanks to a AAA membership and a VERY generous friend who drove out to Carson City, NV with a trailer in the middle of the night and then let me store the truck at his property until I could come back and fix it at an indeterminate time in the future, I finally have my cruiser back. ...Now... time to start preparing for the 2018 Solid Axle Summit!!

DSC_0408.JPG
IMG_20171229_163852.jpg
IMG_20171230_215656.jpg

Gotta be "Bear aware". Simple ways to keep them out of your camp.
You are in their backyard and all they really want is an easy meal. They are used to lazy campers and a free meal.

Hang food and trash in a tree away from you. No food in your tent, camper or vehicle.
Keep food in an airtight container when unattended. Do not sleep in or keep the clothes you cooked dinner while wearing in your tent.
I am sure there are many more examples but these are my go too's in bear country. That includes cats as well.

HEY BUD and all you other 60 series guys that went to SAS 2017 ... I've noticed lots of you guys have standard front and rear bumpers on your trucks, some with or without sliders etc. just bigger tires and some lifts 2-4 inches. I have an 89 62 with 31s on it and 2.5 OME lift. Would I be okay on these trails for SAS? Truck is in great shape 107K miles with new H55f manual transmission. My only reference is Cruise Moab where I take my built FZJ80. Thanks for your answers.

HEY BUD and all you other 60 series guys that went to SAS 2017 ... I've noticed lots of you guys have standard front and rear bumpers on your trucks, some with or without sliders etc. just bigger tires and some lifts 2-4 inches. I have an 89 62 with 31s on it and 2.5 OME lift. Would I be okay on these trails for SAS? Truck is in great shape 107K miles with new H55f manual transmission. My only reference is Cruise Moab where I take my built FZJ80. Thanks for your answers.

You’ll be fine, I don’t have sliders either. With a mild lift and some decent tires you can do most things you’d ever want to try in Ouray.

I would say, that lockers would be an asset, more so than anything else I can think of.

Exactly James. A mild lift, decent tires and knowing your limitations will work at SAS.
We appreciate our Cruisers and don't care to tear them up. Most if not all drive to and from Ouray in our Cruisers. Not a single issue last year except a broken backglass. Loose gear in the back caused that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom