Soft top from Pakistan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had the Bestop for a while. The top of the doors never sealed tight enough to the top edge to keep the rain out, moving the rear bow into position was tough in the tight space, the velcro always came loose on either the drivers side or the passenger side depending on how the top was installed, and the zippers for the rear plastic panel never reached the tail gate. Rather than spend $800 on the Bestop I wish I had gone ahead and spent the $'s necessary to get a Trollhole top. (I have his trail cover and it fits well.)

Well this thread has certainly taken a turn for the better, and on that basis I would like to apologize. Rather than just another vendor bashing, this time for stale photos [something I am very guilty of myself] I see a legitimate discussion on the variations of window size and placement between manufacturers, which is something I have never really paid attention to. It never even occurred to me that SOR's repro top would be different to the NOS one they spec'd from me. Thanks for pointing that out @JohnnyC So I learned something new in the process. I look forward to seeing what @zebrabeefj40 pulls out of mothballs this winter...and maybe learning some more.

So, for my part, I can tell you that the Kayline repro top was already being sold by Toyota back in 1990. I remember very clearly looking through the HARDBOOK at the dealership, at all the TSB coding and finding at the end of six lines of mysterious abbreviations, the Kayline PN for the top.

:cheers:

Ehsan stole from me. I have the receipts, emails, etc. It was Only $100, buyer beware, etc.
Few things are as rare as you think. Keep shopping US and Canada and here on mud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom