Soft top bows made in Pakistan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Soft top bows made in Pakistan,
I have A soft top bow set that is stamped Pakistan. Anyone know if this will fit a factory soft top for and FJ40 and how good this product is .Thanks James

Those used to be the only game in town if you wanted an OEM top, they should fit like factory. Keep in mind you’ll have to modify a bit on late model (lean in B pillars) to match doors. Search for Paki top and you’ll find some info ...

Those used to be the only game in town if you wanted an OEM top, they should fit like factory. Keep in mind you’ll have to modify a bit on late model (lean in B pillars) to match doors. Search for Paki top and you’ll find some info ...
Thank you I really appreciate the info, have a great fourth.

I had a set they fit perfectly.

I bought some paki bows a few years ago from another Mud member. The fit to the frame and doors is good and easily adjusted. My only issue so far has been that the 90 degree bend on the first top 2 cross pieces is a slightly larger radius and shorter height than what my top from Jule was sewn for, although most people wouldn't even know that by looking at it. If I had spent more for a set from RealSteel I doubt that would be the case. Regardless, I have some 1" pipe that won't take much to roll for replacements that fit better. There's a pic of the bows here.

2020-03-25 19.06.38.jpg

I bought some paki bows a few years ago from another Mud member. The fit to the frame and doors is good and easily adjusted. My only issue so far has been that the 90 degree bend on the first top 2 cross pieces is a slightly larger radius and shorter height than what my top from Jule was sewn for, although most people wouldn't even know that by looking at it. If I had spent more for a set from RealSteel I doubt that would be the case. Regardless, I have some 1" pipe that won't take much to roll for replacements that fit better. There's a pic of the bows here.

View attachment 2418708

My understanding is that this caused by all the softtops being made for early style bows that do not tilt inward at the doors like later style. This makes for too much material across the main hoop over the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom