Small weld job recommendations front range CO- sway bar mount related (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to grind off the OEM mounts and get someone locally to weld new Landtank mounts to the axle. Any recommendations out there? Loveland or Longmont area would be ideal. Guessing a small awkward hard to get to weld job isn't something a weld shop will want to mess with,

Deleted post. I thought it was for caster plates, not HD away bar mounts

Sorry. Can still use an exhaust shop for welding.

Last edited:
L1 Automotive is the Land Cruiser shop in Loveland. Good guys over there.

As far as exhaust shops go, the only place I take all my vehicles to is Dan at Monster Muffler in Berthoud.

I live in south Loveland / north Berthoud, check your PM's.

Are your stock mounts damaged? Or are you worried about ripping them off?

I avoided this issue with LCP style sway bar disconnect:

If you disconnect the sway when off road, you don't need to worry about it ripping off, and maybe you get better articulation.

The HD sway bar mounts for the front axle are a replacement for the factory ones. You cut the factory mounts off, grind the surface flat and then weld on mine.
figured BITL4ME misunderstood what I was getting at and went to route of grinding off. Just a note to anyone doing this, not much room down there to get in to weld. Would for sure attempt this only with a good auto lift to make as much room as possible of pull the axle.
L1 Automotive is the Land Cruiser shop in Loveland. Good guys over there.

As far as exhaust shops go, the only place I take all my vehicles to is Dan at Monster Muffler in Berthoud.

I live in south Loveland / north Berthoud, check your PM's.
Yeah, I tried monster but the guys said they are booked a while, I may try L1 but Robbie (powerpig) may fit it in if he clears off his lift. He usually costs a bit more but I like the fact he backs his work up. That is funny on where you live, we are probably neighbors. I live south of Nebraska... I can still go out to the farm and give it a whirl but I want it done right with someone that is a good welder.

Are your stock mounts damaged? Or are you worried about ripping them off?
Just a while I'm in there item, completely refreshing suspension and worth the time to get it done now. They were OK but I see a lot of guys here that have shredded their brake-line when blowing out the OEM weld. I got the disconnect kit as well so double insured now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom