Car sway/pull (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello ever one I’m new to the Land Cruiser world and I wanted to know if it’s normal to have a slight sway/pull after lifting your 80?

I have 4inch lift on 37s for reference.

Yes, if not done completely, correcting all necessary issues.

Did you do caster correction? If so, what?

Did you correct the rear panhard angle, and both panhard lengths?

Did you have an alignment afterward? If so, do you have the numbers?

Any other details?

Last edited:
It shouldn't have sway or pull if done correctly.

Any other details?
Honestly all I did was take it to a mechanic and have him

Any other details?
oh man I don’t think I have any of that.

I’m gonna start looking in to all of this thank you like I said I just but my first 80 so I’m a little lost but I appreciate all your info this will help a lot.

It's gonna want to go where it wants until the caster is corrected.

It's gonna want to go where it wants until the caster is corrected.
Agreed, caster correction, if required, is an essential part of lifting an 80 series properly. Adding springs and dampeners alone isn't doing a complete or proper job after a certain point (~2' IIRC, but determined by actual caster measurement post lift).

Honestly all I did was take it to a mechanic and have him

oh man I don’t think I have any of that.

I’m gonna start looking in to all of this thank you like I said I just but my first 80 so I’m a little lost but I appreciate all your info this will help a lot.
Picture it like a shopping cart wheel that wants to wobble all over. With caster correction that won't happen anymore. There are a bunch of different solutions depending on how much lift you have, your technical ability, and how much you're willing to spend.

Agreed, caster correction, if required, is an essential part of lifting an 80 series properly. Adding springs and dampeners alone isn't doing a complete or proper job after a certain point (~2' IIRC, but determined by actual caster measurement post lift).
The only thing been down is radius arms drop box I believe but I’m going to look into caster correction it sometimes feels like play in the wheel

Picture it like a shopping cart wheel that wants to wobble all over. With caster correction that won't happen anymore. There are a bunch of different solutions depending on how much lift you have, your technical ability, and how much you're willing to spend.
any recommendations?

I would like best on market even if i have to spend $$$ I’d rather it be done correct and feel good

This is what’s installed and radis arms drop box

IMG_6518.jpeg

any recommendations?

I would like best on market even if i have to spend $$$ I’d rather it be done correct and feel good
Delta VS radius arms. Wish I had the budget for them.

I have the LandTank caster correction plates.

By radius arms drop box are you talking about the Eimkeith product? If so, you have one of the caster correction solutions already.

Maybe check your caster before taking any further steps?

This is what’s installed and radis arms drop box

View attachment 3580203
I'm with Charlie. That kit appears to contain caster plates for the axle side, and if you have some sort of drop bracket too, caster shouldn't be your problem. You need to have an alignment done so you know where you are. Also, maybe take some pictures of the radius arms and how they're attached at the axle and frame so we understand what you've got.

Best to get an alignment so you know what your measured caster is, if you are up 4" you are going to want positive caster of at least 3-4 degrees. Toe in could be off as well which would contribute to what you are describing, that should get fixed with the alignment as its the only adjustment they can make.

Once you have #'s post em up and the peanut gallery can go from there.

Sway and pull are two different things
A little more information would help.
On a straight flat Road what happens when you let go over the wheel?

Sway and pull are two different things
A little more information would help.
On a straight flat Road what happens when you let go over the wheel?
When I’m driving straight it feels like it just randomly grabs a parts of the road ands pulls away when it happens feels like there is play in the steering wheel I wish I had a better way to explain it

Yeah everything is installed
That a very complete kit.
With the new 37s you could need more toe in.
If you have someone that can help you, have them move the steering wheel back and forth while you look at steering components ( tie rod ends ) for excessive play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom