Builds SLOW 71 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nitrogen is 3% lighter than air. So think of the thousands of microns you save filling those big tires. Nitrogen also doesn't change much in pressure throughout the driving environments. So when you air down to 15 psi, it doesn't leak down to 14 psi and throw your pig into a tail spin. Obviously the small benefits to nitrogen don't help much with our application. However, if your compressor took a poop on you and you brought your Power Tank, you can totes use it to air back up with out any issues.

I wonder if nitrogen will float better...
DSCF1232 (1024x683).jpg

Also air is 78% nitrogen so it's not like you're moving too far away from your comfort zone with pure nitrogen. Another advantage is a nitrogen fill is dry whereas compressed air can be saturated (depending on relative humidity at the time). Not pushing you to use N2 but it certainly isn't going to hurt anything.

Waste of money IMO. And then every time you end up needing air, you need to go out of your way to go to a tire shop to fill them instead of just doing it at the house.

Tried it once - not worth the hassle.
I agree. If they use it when I get new tires, then great. I just use air afterwards. Again, no harm.

Waste of money IMO. And then every time you end up needing air, you need to go out of your way to go to a tire shop to fill them instead of just doing it at the house.

Tried it once - not worth the hassle.
gotta get tanks filled at only certain places ( not tire stores ) also I went to use my bottle and it leaked down ??? maybe my fault , But I'm sold on on board air , My 2 cents

Ok, here's the next project. With the help Gordobe and Battle Born Batteries, I'm getting setup for a third battery (lithium), just for the frig. and I'm out of normal space. One spot I've been thinking about is above the air compressor (inside the cargo window). I'll need a frame to hold the battery and a place to mount the charge controller, etc. One other thing I'd like to have is an invertor for 120 volt stuff (hair dryer). :hillbilly: So, with that I made up a window grille to mount all the little things before I mount the battery on top of the compressor. This is just a start, so you get an idea of what I'm talking about, the rest is in the works. Warning...not for everybody's tastes...

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4533.JPG

IMG_4535.JPG

I've got to make up the mounts for it and wait for the other pieces in order to finish, then mount the battery stand. More to come. 👍 Did I mention that not one angle is the same on any of the corners.

I guess we can assume it’s Jeri that needs the hair dryer. Suppose it’ll also run a buffer for you.
Couldn’t resist.

You got both inner quarters full already? I thought someone had jammed a thin sealed battery in there :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom