Builds SLOW 71 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"This truck makes me want to go out and throw rocks at mine for being so awful :pig::pig::pig:"

If you think Ron is OCD about securing his cooler, you ought to see his Pig in person.

This truck makes me want to go out and throw rocks at mine for being so awful :pig::pig::pig:

No way, this thread should inspire you to spend the next decade refining your Pig!

Tell your sweetie not to worry, Ron only spent $5k on his...

Well, we made it home in one piece and had a blast. I had mapped out a route to take before hand and then Wngrog had suggested a spot on the Buffalo he likes and it turned out to be @ where I was wanting to stop the first night. I didn't realize how remote it was and how none of the gravel/mud roads had signs/numbers to follow.

IMG_3832.JPG

IMG_3834.JPG

After making many decisions (coin flips) at many cross roads, we actually found the camping spot on the Buffalo. We had to cross a deep creek and the Buffalo..

IMG_3835.JPG

and many low water bridges to get there, but pulled up to this...

IMG_3838.JPG

We only spent one night there and had the beach to ourselves, but had a front row seat to a deer path that went across the river and fist bumped to another great adventure...

IMG_3842.JPG

I decided to return the same way the next day and wanted a river crossing picture for my brothers and sisters in the sounder, but that required Mrs. Scrapdaddy to walk across the Buffalo with camera in hand to capture the event. (she says you guys owe her) :)

IMG_3848.JPG

Here we go!

IMG_3849.JPG

IMG_3851.JPG

IMG_3852.JPG

Before the day was over we crossed that spot three times, more to follow.

We headed out the same way we came in, but sometimes things change and reminds me to always be prepared...

IMG_3854.JPG

That tree was a good 24" in dia. I had a bow saw, but wasn't willing to spend the day trying to get through it and the other trees it took with it. So, that meant turn around and back out the way we came...

IMG_3855.JPG

Thanks to the tongue jack with dual wheels, made short work getting it around, good investment! Wngrog had mentioned to me the area was in an elk preserve area, little did we know how close they were, two bulls watching the crazy humans turning around...

IMG_3860.JPG

Back across the Buffalo and headed to places unknown.

IMG_3863.JPG

Last edited:
After two days of back roads we wanted to settle in at a camp and relax. We found a camp on the Buffalo up river (government run) that was totally empty of people, had a beach to ourselves and was close to all the hiking trails we wanted to do. We stayed there three days and went exploring everyday. To explore all you have to do is turn down any gravel road and it will keep going and going getting smaller as you go. We tried to map out a route (short cut) to a falls in the area and spent a day driving unmaintained roads that were awesome, got totally turned around and never found the falls, had a blast....

IMG_3864.JPG

Came across a sign warning the road up the mountain was un passable, right...

IMG_3867.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

It had a lot of rocks and mud going up, nothing 4wd and the rear locker couldn't handle. Anyway after long days on the trail it felt good to get back to camp and clean up, got to love the shower!....

IMG_3870.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom