Builds SLOW 71 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WY. Medicine Bow National Forrest, raining , cold and windy. I'm in a cabin and not sorry! Temps to be in the 30's tonight. Talk to you guys later.
Windy? In Wyoming? Surely you jest.
Back in my traveling days I spent an uncomfortable February night on the west-facing windward side of the old Holiday Inn in Laramie. Fiberglass wall panels rattled all night as snow drifted through the louvered vent over the transom. Never got above 60 degrees as the wall-mounted heater struggled to keep up. Worst on-the-road night ever.
Safe travels...

Last edited:
I made it to Flaming Gorge Reservoir yesterday late in the day with more rain. Set up camp in a state park and let it rain through the night. I gotta say that roof top tent held up great, high and dry. The ride down Hwy. 191 had a ton of scenic views finally making it over to Delta and getting ready for the drive across Nevada on Hwy. 50 tomorrow. They call it the "loneliest road" guess I'll find out. I've got two more days to get to Stockton, CA. The only mud I'm seeing is where I try to camp at. IH8MUD! :)

I made it to Flaming Gorge Reservoir yesterday late in the day with more rain. Set up camp in a state park and let it rain through the night. I gotta say that roof top tent held up great, high and dry. The ride down Hwy. 191 had a ton of scenic views finally making it over to Delta and getting ready for the drive across Nevada on Hwy. 50 tomorrow. They call it the "loneliest road" guess I'll find out. I've got two more days to get to Stockton, CA. The only mud I'm seeing is where I try to camp at. IH8MUD! :)
Making time, probably not much rain in the next stretch eh...safe travels!

Perhaps a bit wordy for you tonight Ron but I recalled reading this article years ago & it just popped into my head.

You can check on my FZJ75 trans and transfer case for me. It arrived early last week. Hopefully ready to ship back sometime this week.

Seriously though, safe travels and enjoy!

The “Loneliest Road” will be an interesting adventure. Long drives through one of those endless Nevada basins and up the far side. Then rinse and repeat, again and again. Historic towns and sights all along the way. Returning from a convention in Tahoe a co-worker and I made Bonnie drive while we sat in the back seat emptying a cooler of Miller Lights.

Last edited:
Well, I made it all the way to south of Lake Tahoe. I'm on Hwy. 88 and what is it with the rain. Raining again, I thought the West is drying up. I had a great time going across 50, seen plenty of oddballs like myself. Two old guys in a convert. Benz from the 50s or 60s., hotrods, bicycles, you name it they were out there. So, let's talk about something I can't find any info on. I was in one of those spots where there's nothing but scrub brush, not one tree, hill, gulley, nothing and I have to go, I've been driving for a long time thinking something should show up, nope not a thing bigger than the foot tall brush. So, I figure if the cattle can do it so can I, walked out where I thought was far enough, I mean you can see a cow a mile away and took a crap. Now some of you will find that disgusting and some will find it funny, but I found to be such a very uplifting moment, setting myself free if you will. So, my questions are where are the guide lines, the rules for such a thing. What would Ann Landers say about it. I mean, like how far out should you walk, you can't go right by the road, I figured @ 100 yards and things get blurry and what about facing the road or turn a cheek, seems cheeks to the road would be rude, so I manned up and faced my onlookers. I mean, if they're going to put you on facebook might as well wave, right? We need a guide book for this stuff. Oh, I did bring along my shovel, since I am politically correct. What would you do? 🤷‍♂️

"Now some of you will find that disgusting and some will find it funny, but I found to be such a very uplifting moment, setting myself free if you will. So, my questions are where are the guide lines, the rules for such a thing. What would Ann Landers say about it. I mean, like how far out should you walk, you can't go right by the road, I figured @ 100 yards and things get blurry and what about facing the road or turn a cheek, seems cheeks to the road would be rude, so I manned up and faced my onlookers. I mean, if they're going to put you on facebook might as well wave, right?"
Exactly what you did! More trees around Tahoe and Donner Pass. Shouldn't be a problem going forward. Enjoy the trip....

I used to be real shy, then I worked on a road building crew, now my Mrs reminds me where it’s not appropriate to be nekid...while I am :doh:

I was about to have an experience like that after leaving PP2019 and heading back towards SLC. Totally open and flat for miles. The urge hit and I started sweating. Thank God there was a small gas station that had a bathroom with a locking door!

If something like your situation were to happen, I’d be looking hard for a dirt road, and if no, then I’d have to pull the truck off the road and leave the door open and go in the crux between the truck and the door. I don’t possess your bravery on that particular front 😂

Well, I made it all the way to south of Lake Tahoe. I'm on Hwy. 88 and what is it with the rain. Raining again, I thought the West is drying up. I had a great time going across 50, seen plenty of oddballs like myself. Two old guys in a convert. Benz from the 50s or 60s., hotrods, bicycles, you name it they were out there. So, let's talk about something I can't find any info on. I was in one of those spots where there's nothing but scrub brush, not one tree, hill, gulley, nothing and I have to go, I've been driving for a long time thinking something should show up, nope not a thing bigger than the foot tall brush. So, I figure if the cattle can do it so can I, walked out where I thought was far enough, I mean you can see a cow a mile away and took a crap. Now some of you will find that disgusting and some will find it funny, but I found to be such a very uplifting moment, setting myself free if you will. So, my questions are where are the guide lines, the rules for such a thing. What would Ann Landers say about it. I mean, like how far out should you walk, you can't go right by the road, I figured @ 100 yards and things get blurry and what about facing the road or turn a cheek, seems cheeks to the road would be rude, so I manned up and faced my onlookers. I mean, if they're going to put you on facebook might as well wave, right? We need a guide book for this stuff. Oh, I did bring along my shovel, since I am politically correct. What would you do? 🤷‍♂️
I can totally relate.. and totally, 100% agree existing circumstances dictate appropriate action in.... , including doing #2, with the thought someone may be watching....;) and in today's world 'they' always are.. In six months your fanny squat is going to be an internet sensation!!! :oops: I would say we don't need any textbooks, guidelines, or written rules .. when you absolutely have to go, and you've already exercised all other options, and it comes down to your pants or some level of public discomfort, I've learned I'll go the same route you did... and I probably would not have troubled myself w the shovel.. just sayin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom