Builds SLOW 71 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can totally relate.. and totally, 100% agree existing circumstances dictate appropriate action in.... , including doing #2, with the thought someone may be watching....;) and in today's world 'they' always are.. In six months your fanny squat is going to be an internet sensation!!! :oops: I would say we don't need any textbooks, guidelines, or written rules .. when you absolutely have to go, and you've already exercised all other options, and it comes down to your pants or some level of public discomfort, I've learned I'll go the same route you did... and I probably would not have troubled myself w the shovel.. just sayin...
glad you got to the other side.. awesome thread...

Com' on MacDaddy, you know the drill, leave no trace. What about rattle snakes everyone was talking about out here. Those little green ones hiding in the bushes, it would be my luck to get bit while pinching a loaf. I mean how would Jeri explain it at the funeral. There's a lot to consider when nature calls.

Com' on MacDaddy, you know the drill, leave no trace. What about rattle snakes everyone was talking about out here. Those little green ones hiding in the bushes, it would be my luck to get bit while pinching a loaf. I mean how would Jeri explain it at the funeral. There's a lot to consider when nature calls.
I would agree when camping leave not a speck of evidence... but #2 ??????, where you were ????!!!! I spent six months at 29 Palms once... travelled around a bit while there, some of those areas are pristine, but something may come along and eat that unused protein!! LOL...

As a professional surveyor, I have had to also become a professional at s***ting in awkward places. Because of either being in remote areas or in the burbs, I have literally trained my body to only go at 4pm or when I get home from work. Of course there are the times of poor diet choices that expedite my afternoon discharge. I have learned a few hacks to make life easier. When you are driving, it is nice because you probably have TP and other amenities. While hiking miles away from my truck you don't always have exactly what you need. These are my go-tos.

1. If you have trees. I do the invisible toilet technique. Dig a hole at the base and squat and lean on to the tree and bombs away.
2. No trees but with a vehicle. Same invisible toilet but while leaning on the truck. If you want privacy, open the back and front door on the side you working on. That would work on the side of a highway in most cases.
3. No tree and no truck. Well pretty much what Ron did. I always bury.

So I have enough stories about working and potty issues to fill a night of camp fire's, whisky, and ladies calling people Butt F***er. One thing I can tell you I learned when you don't have the necessities. Always wear an under shirt. Some people use a sock but that makes the walk back tough on your feet. The under shirt is really nice and you can cut it into 4 sections and keep the extras in your truck for other emergencies. The other thing, is always have a knife. For the times that you just didn't make it, 2 cuts and you can remove underwear without taking your boots or pants off.

Wait... What?
You missed the pig party. The guides wife was extremely unsober and decided to pick a fight with a young fellow and and one point called him that.

The other thing, is always have a knife. For the times that you just didn't make it,
And have to Cut it out 🗡💩👈🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
[/QUOTE]
Not the poop from your but, the underwear that you don't want anymore.

I knew this was subject that needed talking about. It needs a chapter in the book, a field guide for real men. I like the tree idea, I'll try that next time.

I made it to Valley Hybrids today and got settled in a hotel. Georg's shop is bigger than I thought and has every type of cruiser in there. I'll have time now to post up a few pictures.

You can always get a bumper dumper. But this kit linked below is pretty cool. One of the TLCA members in my area knows the owner and get these at a reduced rate. I have been meaning to pick one up.

wish I'd been there ad seen that...!!
To be honest it was something I wish I hadn't seen. It was clear she had a problem and the young man did the right thing and let it go. I was proud of him for acting correctly while being insulted. If she had been a man, then it might have turned out different.

Well, I made it all the way to south of Lake Tahoe. I'm on Hwy. 88 and what is it with the rain. Raining again, I thought the West is drying up. I had a great time going across 50, seen plenty of oddballs like myself. Two old guys in a convert. Benz from the 50s or 60s., hotrods, bicycles, you name it they were out there. So, let's talk about something I can't find any info on. I was in one of those spots where there's nothing but scrub brush, not one tree, hill, gulley, nothing and I have to go, I've been driving for a long time thinking something should show up, nope not a thing bigger than the foot tall brush. So, I figure if the cattle can do it so can I, walked out where I thought was far enough, I mean you can see a cow a mile away and took a crap. Now some of you will find that disgusting and some will find it funny, but I found to be such a very uplifting moment, setting myself free if you will. So, my questions are where are the guide lines, the rules for such a thing. What would Ann Landers say about it. I mean, like how far out should you walk, you can't go right by the road, I figured @ 100 yards and things get blurry and what about facing the road or turn a cheek, seems cheeks to the road would be rude, so I manned up and faced my onlookers. I mean, if they're going to put you on facebook might as well wave, right? We need a guide book for this stuff. Oh, I did bring along my shovel, since I am politically correct. What would you do? 🤷‍♂️

I used to carry a folding cot for just such an occasion.

Unfold it to an "L" shape and lay it on it's side as a screen so it hides your bottom from passerby.

Used to be a tanker in the Army and that is side of the road crapping SOP. No need to go a great distance that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom