Sliders- Need your input (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All, I want to add sliders and have kids that still use the running boards. Any comments on the Slee sliders vs. Metal Tech. I do not like the step sliders... Still want to run mudflaps on front etc. Exp Rig and the ARB rack on top so I need a step occasionally.

MT has a killer deal on theirs now. The "kickout" actually helps my little one get in (although she loves to climb and is 2.5yrs old), but put some grip tape on top. As far as mudflaps, search here, I believe several have easily trimmed to fit the OEM ones to work. I have had the Slee 1st gen ver. as well. The tube doesn't extend back far enough IMO, but then again I haven't seen in person the newer versions. Just my 2cents.

And I Love my MT's ;)

If MetalTech made sliders for my truck, there'd be no question of buying them. I've seen the abuse they can take and I've seen the engineering that goes in to them. Best sliders on the market.
I'm stuck making my own (mainly because I don't like the other sliders on the market) and it's a pain in the rear. For those that think MT are overpriced, make some for an 80 and see for yourself what a pain they are to make
I think the OP would have no trouble throwing some grip tape on the tops and having a fully functional step.

All, I want to add sliders and have kids that still use the running boards. Any comments on the Slee sliders vs. Metal Tech. I do not like the step sliders... Still want to run mudflaps on front etc. Exp Rig and the ARB rack on top so I need a step occasionally.

You don't like step sliders but you need them for your kids. And then you admit that you also need a step to get to the ARB rack on top. Either get rid of the kids or compromise. I would stay away from tube sliders as it seems your kids could trip and get their foot caught in it. If I were you I would go with step sliders from bumpitoffroad.

If I had mudflaps on my rig when I sank it in the mud they would have broke off and caused misc other damage... (Actually the sliders and bumpers kept the truck from sinking even further...) I have had kids get into my rig without issues after I showed them what to grab while getting in. I have no worries about feet getting stuck but paws are a different matter...

I jumped on MT group buy sometime back, flawless product but try to have a helper when you mount them as it makes things easier. My brother has Hannah tube Sliders and between the two, the difference is minimal except that MT's are available right now at a good price!

.............but put some grip tape on top. ...........

Ty, I've found on my sliders that the grip tape just doesn't last. I pulled what was left of mine off and masked off a section on top of the slider, full length, and used black bed liner paint. You can get it at Lowes or probably any good hardware store. I believe mine is Rustoleum brand. Put it on thick & let it dry good and no worries after that.

I have metaltech and they are tough as nails.

Ty, I've found on my sliders that the grip tape just doesn't last. I pulled what was left of mine off and masked off a section on top of the slider, full length, and used black bed liner paint. You can get it at Lowes or probably any good hardware store. I believe mine is Rustoleum brand. Put it on thick & let it dry good and no worries after that.

Very true. Either way. Skate tape per roll is cheap. Paint is cheap, Point being a little grip helps ;)
+ worn my paint just the same as tape in a few years, tape is easier to re-apply.

Jason at cruisinoffroad made me some phenomenal sliders.
Even asked him to give me hi lift jack supports on the sliders.
Amazing product and an honest guy to deal with.
Highly recommended!!!!!!!
A+ product.

My cruisers have Bumpit, Slee and MT equipment and I really don't think you can go wrong with any of these. It is just which you like the best.

I've got Slee's. I don't worry at all about the abuse they can withstand, but I don't like getting in the back door and trying to step on the slider tube that is just making the bend where your foot wants to be. I would rather have the extra kick-out back there with the tube.

I run the Hanna Quality and they are stout. The grip tape definitely helps my little one climb into her car seat. No matter what brand, your gonna get your money's worth with all of them.

I run the MT sliders with mudflaps. Just a little trimming and the mud flaps fit real nice. Tape off the area you want traction on and spray some Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner. It has enough grit to keep you (& kids) from slipping but not enough to thrash your legs if you slip.

The Bump-it & Slee's are nice too. Whichever you decide, you can't go wrong with any of their quality.
Slider Mud Flap Mod left.jpg

Metal tech IMO. But just as the others have stated, you really cant go wrong with the others mentioned.

For what you described I'd get the Slee Step sliders. I've got the Metal Tech's and love them but they do not offer much to stand on for the kid(mine is 2.5yrs), or access to the rack. A small foot could definitely get caught in the kick out so I lift him in and out all the time.

I run Slee regular non-step sliders. No problem using them to step into rig - do it every day. Don't know how they'd work for little kids, for bigger feet no problem. Also have an ARB 3/4 roof rack & OME 2.5 lift. YMMV

ive got stubbs sliders with kickout, and they work fine as steps for my 3, 7 and 9 year old. with the lil one i have to pull her up by hand, but she has no problem getting her feet up on the sliders to step in. no issues with roof access either.

i just put some grip tape on em and all is good. i think with most any slider setup, the front mud flap can still be retained. some might require some creative trimming as noted above.

how is $720 for sliders a "killer deal"? after shipping you're looking at $800+, seems awful steep to me. $hit, what am I saying? I just dropped $2K on a rear bumper. This stuff is retardedly expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom