Looking for some input on a potential inquiry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Could someone more knowledgeable comment on what I am seeing here? No lockers, but 5 speed and 1ht-ft engine looks like? Looks like 5sp, 1HT-FT, no lockers.

Looks like a scam. Scam 1997 land cruiser LC80 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... - https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/d/portland-scam-1997-land-cruiser-lc80/7646482864.html

Last edited:
Could someone more knowledgeable comment on what I am seeing here? No lockers, but 5 speed and 1ht-ft engine looks like? Looks like 5sp, 1HT-FT, no lockers.

Looks like a scam. Scam 1997 land cruiser LC80 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... - https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/d/portland-scam-1997-land-cruiser-lc80/7646482864.html
its a 1HZ atmospheric diesel engine no turbo!!!

Yeah that's weird. 5spd LHD HZJ80 with a 1HZ. See if you can go see it in person. Pretty great deal if it really is $11K. But not sure how they would have had it from new since 1997s just became legal in the US last year, unless they're foreign and just imported it.

Can confirm that metal ;plating in the back is legit factory or dealer installed.
But I think it's a scam too. Can't imagine that selling in the US for less than $50k.

The other guy that posted the scam warning CL ad is a land cruiser enthusiast that called the selling party. His experience was posted in the ad.

How does it have non Japanese dash? I thought the US didn't get any diesels. Or were there other countries that recieved that type of dash configuration?

The other guy that posted the scam warning CL ad is a land cruiser enthusiast that called the selling party. His experience was posted in the ad.

How does it have non Japanese dash? I thought the US didn't get any diesels. Or were there other countries that recieved that type of dash configuration?
Oh I see the scam link now. Could be from anywhere, there are all sorts of LHD countries that got diesel 80s. South America, Russia, Europe… but yeah probably a scam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom