Slider pic thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like the Trail Tailor or Slee SliderSteps to me. I don't have an above shot handy but here are TT's from the side. They have his logo in the middle of the top plate. Mine angle up a bit more but I know that's an option.

IMG_20190823_123404427_HDR.jpg

Thank you. I'll check both Slee and TT.

I'm mildly shopping for sliders that are still functional steps (or fabricating some). I like and use the OEM running boards (more for pax) although know they won't always be functional for where I plan to go. So, fully decked and level are my goals. I really like @1toy 's approach!

Thanks for the input! -Erin

I'm mildly shopping for sliders that are still functional steps (or fabricating some). I like and use the OEM running boards (more for pax) although know they won't always be functional for where I plan to go. So, fully decked and level are my goals. I really like @1toy 's approach!

I have White Knuckle Offroad sliders angled down with the diamond plate option to make it a full covered stop. Just another option for you.

I’ve got the metal tech ones and my kids and wife use em as a step as well. Take a look at them if u are wanting to buy them now as they are running their thanksgiving/black Friday deal currently

I have the sliders off the Land Cruiser right now. I would be happy to send pictures and measurements if you want to fabricate your own.

DSC_0057.JPG

Anyone tried the ARB fender bars and steps? Wondering how well these would perform

Anyone tried the ARB fender bars and steps? Wondering how well these would perform
I think the fender bars are referred to as “damage multipliers.” An impact at one end can cause body damage along the entire length of the bar. Same for taillight protectors and brush bars in general.

Last edited:
The fenders bars aka side rails aren’t rated to carry the weight of the truck in an event it goes off-camber into a dirt or rock wall, these are just fend off light to moderate bushes in the trail. As for ARB’s side steps -those aren’t rated as sliders as well and will easily bend end may reach up to your trucks running board and multiplying the damaged like the fender bars. Reason I know is I’ve been there done that and ended up getting my ARB repaired by a fabricator to it’s original form -this was on my Hilux before.

I have the wkor sliders as well on my 100. Very happy, though they weight 100#+ (nature of the beast) and take away from max pay load.

Because of med issues, I had a local pro install (plug for Noah's ark here). Thus I don't have direct knowledge of any masinachions involved. Only mod was a AC line spacing (if mem serves me right) for u bolt clearance.

but I crawled under a there & saw no evidence of body/plastic mods. Can't imagine the L version is any different than Lc in this regard.

Here is a pic of the OPOR slider on AHC LX470. I really think these look great an offer lots of protection. Some designs are a little too open and make me think your foot could get cought and especially with a kid. My 2 cents.

View attachment 1416930
Do you know what size tires those are? I just landed a set of tundra 18s and am doing an AHC lift. I’m curious what size tires I’ll be able to fit.

Anyone know which sliders provide the largest step, or in other words stick out furthest from the rig?

It seems they all do the job of sliders, but I really want something that will make accessing my roof rack easier.

Here are some fabbed sliders I had made with top plate and kickout step. Welded to the frame. 5% angled up. We like stars 😆
FFBD4ADD-22BC-4EBF-BD85-44CC5ECC3972.jpeg

6F4199F9-6C4C-4B38-BD6A-AA76ABE3DBF5.jpeg

BA45B9CC-F752-47FC-B93E-BEBE004C039C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom