Slider pic thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They all look nice, but I prefer rectangular tube to round in case I need to use High Lift jack on them. Round will kick out easier than rectangular. For me rectangular is more functional.
Never had any issues using a hi lift on my round tube sliders on my 4R.

But for anyone that is nervous, they make a tube "gripping" attachment for the hi-lift.

Nice! Pretty happy with the OPORs? I'm in Austin as well and looking at the Slee and White Knuckle.
Thanks, if you want to see them in person, pm me. Also, if you need help installing what ever you get, let me know.

Two questions - 10 degree or 20 degree for the White Knuckle sliders? Wife has a slightly bad back and the lower step would help, and I feel like the 10 degree angle wouldn't really be losing anything as far as clearance is concerned..

Second, when ordering from White Knuckle is a quantity of "1" a set? I'm pretty sure it is but just wanted to double check...

Is there a slider available that fits like the FJ Cruiser TRD Rock rails? I don't want a step. Just some rocker protection.

Here's a couple photos of some I had made locally. Pretty happy with them, I sort of wish they were tighter to the body but that would = less protection. They're sprayed with self etching primer then a aerosol bed liner so I can easily touch them up as they get mangled.

@Oklahomeboy did you ever decide? I went with MEO sliders and have been happy with them so far. Yes they are welded on, and I feel MEO is part of the community as they are mostly Toyota centered. They are welded on but I can't seem to find a reason they'd need to come off.

I know companies used to have the DIY kits, but those posts are a couple years old now. Do any of them still have the DIY option? I've looked but haven't seen them referenced on anybody's websites. Apologies if my research and knowledge aren't deep enough yet. We just recently made the switch over to land cruiser from 4Runners (4 of them), and I'm still trying to gain information.

From what I understand TG is not really a community supporter. Not steering anyone away from them, but I'll not buy from them.

Has anyone bought the 78" Trail-Gear sliders and shortened them for a 100 series? I won't be beating on them, but thinking I can cut out the length I don't need, sleeve on the inside, and weld back together. I don't "need" sliders but would be nice to have a clean looking step, for about $300 or less.

Like many I am on the slider hunt. I am really wanting to see some on someone’s truck. Is there anyone in DFW area that would be willing to let me see some sliders in person?

Ideally white knuckle at 10 degrees. But anything is better than nothing. Thanks in advance!!

Has anyone bought the 78" Trail-Gear sliders and shortened them for a 100 series? I won't be beating on them, but thinking I can cut out the length I don't need, sleeve on the inside, and weld back together. I don't "need" sliders but would be nice to have a clean looking step, for about $300 or less.
I am seriously thinking to go that route but want to find U bolts or U bracket to attach to the frame and not weld.

Hi, where did you purchase those U bolts from? Do you know the dimensions by any chance?
Not sure what the demensions are off the top of my head. I can get some measurements. Just like a U-bolt on an axle or trailer. I had these bent to my specifications by some place in the DFW area. I can t recall who at the moment. They came with fine threads and extra long nuts and washers. The main thing I had to consider was that the frame rail is different thickness in the front than the rear. So I took the thickest measurement and had them made the same.

I am seriously thinking to go that route but want to find U bolts or U bracket to attach to the frame and not weld.

Just curious, why bolt on versus weld-on? Let us know if you go the trailgear route. I'm debating that or buying a bender and making my own.

Just curious, why bolt on versus weld-on? Let us know if you go the trailgear route. I'm debating that or buying a bender and making my own.
The bolt on version allows flexibility to easily remove to paint or repaint or modify or completely remove if that would ever happen.
Weld-on seems to be easier but not much room for error :).
I talked to Mike from BIO and he has a great product but shipping is killing it.
I might just go trail gear route and just weld it on. Thinking to go with 78” to have a full coverage.
XO Fab has 69” version but that requires bit more welding. TG looks better to me.

Not sure what the demensions are off the top of my head. I can get some measurements. Just like a U-bolt on an axle or trailer. I had these bent to my specifications by some place in the DFW area. I can t recall who at the moment. They came with fine threads and extra long nuts and washers. The main thing I had to consider was that the frame rail is different thickness in the front than the rear. So I took the thickest measurement and had them made the same.
This is already helping as did not even think frame rail thickness would be different. Thank you.

The bolt on version allows flexibility to easily remove to paint or repaint or modify or completely remove if that would ever happen.
Weld-on seems to be easier but not much room for error :).
I talked to Mike from BIO and he has a great product but shipping is killing it.
I might just go trail gear route and just weld it on. Thinking to go with 78” to have a full coverage.
XO Fab has 69” version but that requires bit more welding. TG looks better to me.

Oh yeah, the never ending paint battle. I've only done weld on, it's a little bit of a pain to paint them on the truck. Let us know how that trail gear goes, Other than the long length, they look good for my own use (mainly a step and might barely kiss a rock once a year).

Last edited:
This is already helping as did not even think frame rail thickness would be different. Thank you.
I had a minute to search the web for U-bolt suppliers in California. There are plenty of options. So many I was a little surprised. There could even be one in your area... The adage applies measure twice cut once but measure a few more times and mark the frame rail with some soap stone where the legs of the slider will sit as not to interfere with other things under the vehicle (back side of frame).

DSC_0062.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom