Slider pic thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my guess would be the 100 is a small group and with so many other company's making Sliders there is not enough profit left to make it worth doing them anymore especially if they were forced for some reason to redesign them

Have you asked BIOR for pics?
I asked him for pics yes. I didn't really like the style of the slider, so I have chosen to go with the white knuckle with the rear panel. I'll upload pics when I receive and install

Whaaaaat?!:eek: They're seriously not making any more 100 series sliders of any style? I thought there were plans in the works for a design? I don't understand why they would make that decision...It seems like they would lose a relatively large financially opportunity by removing us as a client base for sliders. But that's just my $0.02....

The design of the MT slider is expensive for them to make and inventory compared to the OPOR version. I got the impression from John that a group buy would motivate Mark to keep them available. As nice as their design looks, chasing MT to make it doesn't make sense since there are plenty of other options.

They should remove the item from their webpage if it's not going to be available.

I just ordered a set of the OPOR sliders from MetalTech last week on their November/December sale. Talking with John, it sounded like they might have a new MT version of something in a few months, but that it would likely be very similar to the OPOR sliders—box tubing body instead of the formed/gusseted MT style body. I loved my MT sliders on the 80, but I really didn't even wheel that hard enough to need something that rugged or expensive. I'm sure the OPOR sliders for $645 powdercoated will do just fine on the 100.

I just ordered a set of the OPOR sliders from MetalTech last week on their November/December sale. Talking with John, it sounded like they might have a new MT version of something in a few months, but that it would likely be very similar to the OPOR sliders—box tubing body instead of the formed/gusseted MT style body. I loved my MT sliders on the 80, but I really didn't even wheel that hard enough to need something that rugged or expensive. I'm sure the OPOR sliders for $645 powdercoated will do just fine on the 100.

Yep, I did the same thing. Should be good enough for anything I want to do with mine.

Thanks to all the help of this thread, I purchased the white knuckle sliders with the bump out cover due to the concern of people hurting their legs getting out of the back. Figured I'd finish the thread up with my decision! S/O to y'all. I love them.

Note: these are angled down to be more of a step than the regular white knuckle sliders due to me not planning on rock crawling

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

Just because I didn't see any pictures of the Slee (non-step), I figured I'd add these just for comparison:
IMG_0665 3.jpg
IMG_0666 3.jpg

Anyone have any pictures of sliders installed with the AHC system intact? Very interested to see how it fits.

Reading on Metal Tech website their sliders can be used with and with out AHC. My system still rides extremely well, and operates perfectly. Id prefer to keep the system on until it fails or can no longer carry the weight of the build (hopefully that doesn't happen at the same time).

Anyone have any pictures of sliders installed with the AHC system intact? Very interested to see how it fits.

Reading on Metal Tech website their sliders can be used with and with out AHC. My system still rides extremely well, and operates perfectly. Id prefer to keep the system on until it fails or can no longer carry the weight of the build (hopefully that doesn't happen at the same time).

I don't have any photos but its the same as non-AHC but missing the middle outrigger. So 2 outriggers on each side vs 3 on non-AHC. I would still trust them 100% to hold up to any abuse the non-AHC could handle.

So 2 outriggers on each side vs 3 on non-AHC. I would still trust them 100% to hold up to any abuse the non-AHC could handle.

I have the Trail Tailor AHC version, and they are pretty strong. I had to use a high-lift on the passenger side, and used the slider. It flexed a little with the two outriggers (I only have 2 frame attachments on each side) but did not touch the body. That's also from the outer most round tube, not the inner slider; so, even more torque on the outrigger. Held up just fine. Moved back into place once it was lowered back down.

Thanks to all the help of this thread, I purchased the white knuckle sliders with the bump out cover due to the concern of people hurting their legs getting out of the back. Figured I'd finish the thread up with my decision! S/O to y'all. I love them.

Note: these are angled down to be more of a step than the regular white knuckle sliders due to me not planning on rock crawling

View attachment 1366146

View attachment 1366148
@Oklahomeboy do you remember the degree of angle that he made these for you? Maybe 10° or so? From your pics those look exactly like what I'd like to get.

@Oklahomeboy do you remember the degree of angle that he made these for you? Maybe 10° or so? From your pics those look exactly like what I'd like to get.

I don't remember the exact specification, but right when I ordered the slider, white knuckle emailed me back and gave me two angle options which I opted for the step. I figure they will give you the same option if you order them

Thanks for all of the great input here....getting ready to pull the trigger on sliders, does anyone make a slider that connects directly to the original mounting points(vs. u-bolts) for the oem running board that I removed within 2 hrs of owning my 100.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Here are my white knuckle sliders with full top plate and standard angle retained these are great sliders and great customer service I went with the full top plate to keep crap off the side of the cruiser as much as a step and used DOM tube

Same, been hoping for white knuckle to have a sale. Cant justify that price for metal tubing.... Unfortunately dont have time to build my own...

IMG_20170430_125729.jpg
IMG_20170429_171613.jpg
IMG_20170429_171651.jpg
Just put the OPOR's on, brake lines were a bit tight though.

They all look nice, but I prefer rectangular tube to round in case I need to use High Lift jack on them. Round will kick out easier than rectangular. For me rectangular is more functional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom