SLEE 200 Bumper Photos...! *UPDATE!* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Markuson

SILVER Star
Threads
EDIT:
NOTE...this post was from quite some time back, and the Slee design underwent significant updates since the first "spy photos." Read this thread as an "unfolding design" ...and look toward PAGE 13 of this thread to see the bumper's FINAL FORM.
;) -Markuson

------------
Original Post:

Three days ago, I stopped at Slee in Golden Colorado during a 4000 mile driving trip--long enough for skid-plates and slider installation.

Since I was going to be there for about 4 or 5 hours waiting...
-I couldn't help but ask Christo about 200 rear bumper status...
I assumed he still had a really long way to go, but...

To my surprise... Christo said, ** "You wanna see it??" **

Me: -Ummm... YEEESSS?!!! ;)

**Don't worry... Christo was OK with posting these.

Obviously it's not yet finished, but they've clearly been hard at work.
You can still see measurement and other markings all over the steel, but is looking very much like classic Slee creation--a good thing!

For anyone who has been less than impressed by the strength/weakness of existing options...this thing is looking strong. I don't know if it will come through in photos as well as it does in person, but this thing is a beast...and...I WANT ONE.

-Photos do not include the integrated ladder, jerry can holder and latch device.

-STOCK TIRES/WHEELS were on the vehicle in photos...so clearance will improve with 33-35's.
-Carrier pictured with a big 35x12.5 Trail Grappler (looks comically HUGE compared to the 4 mounted tires!).
-Tail-light configuration is not final yet.
-Final side wings may shave an inch or so off, adding more clearance.
-Jerry Can holder = THREE FULL-SIZE CANS...or multiple Rotopax mounts.
-Cool ladder design in the works (no photos)
-Hi-Lift mount is super tight (no wasted extension)
-Tire-mounting plate is *height-adjustable*, so you can customize a bit.

Here ya go...

Note the wimpy wheels/tires for now...except for that whopper 35" on back... ;)
Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 5.10.17 PM.png

Even with wimpy tires, the rear looks great to me...
IMG_9176.jpeg

That yellow thing below is just a temporary device...NOT the latch (latch not pictured)...
Unique-Latch-Not-Pictured.jpeg

This arm joint is partially shrouded by the bumper cover (see right side
IMG_9175.JPG

Wing braces are hefty & anchor points too...
IMG_9172.jpeg

Continued in next post...

Last edited:
Wings may lose an inch or so...for more clearance.
image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

Wheel Mounting Plate--Has multiple holes below for height customization...
image012.jpg

image016.jpg

Continued...

Last edited:
No wasted backward extension space... :)
image010.jpg

image011.jpg

Right corner...
image015.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_9109.JPG

Last edited:
(Review... :)
image001.png

image002.jpg

It was interesting hearing Christo and one of his co-experts discuss the bumper. Years of experience really show, and I was impressed with the fact that literally any question or comment I had was something they had already thought about and either addressed, or were in process of addressing. -Not just strength or form, but ergonomic considerations on everything from latch & wrist angles needed for use without strain...to speed and fine-tuning of open-assist, custom adjustments, and several other innovative elements not pictured yet.

Bottom line:
-Strong
-3 Jerry Cans
-Integrated Ladder
-Adjustable tire position
-Hi-Lift safely secured
-Slee build quality.

I want one. :)

-Markuson

Last edited:
How much trimming did he have to do to get it to work on the LX? Do you have a pic on the right hand side, with the corner piece in place? Thanks much for the info!

How much trimming did he have to do to get it to work on the LX? Do you have a pic on the right hand side, with the corner piece in place? Thanks much for the info!

Still posting photos... (Only 5 allowed per post??)...

See wider shot with corner piece...

A lifted LX 570 with the no running boards ! I must know the details of this vehicle.

Looks like they are using the Land Cruiser rocker panels (new slee sliders to follow?). Did you get a look at the suspension at all? Sorry for the thread hijack away from the bumper; I would love some mods to throw on the Lexus.

I love the look of that bumper! That rocks!

Note use of existing tow hitch, also.

Last time I emailed the shop about their 570 they had just replaced the running boards with the LC rocker panels to confirm fit. AHC is still on there at this point, I believe....unless Markuson saw otherwise. With the LX 570 having it's own little roll cage around the accumulators and hydraulic lines, vs none for the 470, it will be interesting if he's able to fab something that commercially viable. I haven't measured the difference, but seems like the reach from the frame (length of mount to slider bar) would have to be longer than what was needed on LX 470. Not to mention the 470 sliders had one place for each mount with no variance. Figure cost of new panels along with the sliders at some point, I suppose.

I did ask about AHC removal, but now I can't remember if they'd removed it already or not... I believe they plan to if they haven't already...but I guess my brain was sleepy on that since I'm in a LC? :-/

One more shot (frame from a video) showing right corner as requested...

IMG_7275.PNG

Really love the wings! Looks stout throughout.

Almost looks like aluminum or stainless steel..

Almost looks like aluminum or stainless steel..

I'm rhinking most bumpers look like that before powder coating... Wonder what a polished, bare one would look liked if that was the intent... I remember seeing another bumper left bare & think it was an aluminum from TJM...?

Geez, wish I knew you were at Slee. I would have swinged by to say hi and to get that same surprise about the rear bumper. Did you ask him if he's fabricating a front bumper? Thanks for posting pics.

That's great! Thanks for posting this!

Markuson >> think it was an aluminum from TJM

Yup, there's a photo of a TJM aluminum front bumper on a 200 in the forum. I pinged the guy to learn where he sourced it, but haven't heard back. Not listed on TJM US website Looked nice...

Looking good. Christmas is not far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom