Scuff plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my little mind is full of dust this am...and thinking of the trivial.
Has anyone fabbed new scuff plates? Both my 70 and 75 need new plates particularly on the drivers side which I guess eats it worse because of the structural problem of more width for the wiring harness.

If not what would be the better choice of material?

I have two really good passenger side plates to use as a model there and likely can approximate the driver side from there.

I am not sure I know what you mean by scuff plates?

I want to think about skid plates, but you are talking about wiring...

Can you help me uderstand what the scuff plates are?

Just the little door jamb plates that cover the door frame w/s ends (where they meet) at each door frame. Or in other words the metal plates over where the body weather strip sits at the base of the door way. Hmmm I can't speak english today :doh:

Does that make sense?

i've been lucky enough that my 71 had good ones and i was only missing one on the 76, but i got that off uglibus.not the greatest, but the section it needs to bolt to is rotted out so i guess it doesnt' need to be perfect. ;)

i've been lucky enough that my 71 had good ones and i was only missing one on the 76, but i got that off uglibus.not the greatest, but the section it needs to bolt to is rotted out so i guess it doesnt' need to be perfect. ;)

Well, I am looking forward to the day when my scuff plates don't look better than the rest of my 75, but I was messing with the scuffs yesterday so, I am obssesing now. :rolleyes:

i hit mine with the iwre wheel and it really cleaned them up.

I've been looking for replacement scuff plates for my pig for years. It would be great to find some- or if someone were to make some replicas...

What he said.

Re: Scuff Plates....

"Door thresholds" ;p

They're made from alum. & really aren't supposed to be purty. They get banged up , dented & corrode easily. I've been meaning to take one to Home Depot & match it up to something up to date, like a hardened plastic piece that you can cut to fit. I'll run my wiring under the truck so the driver side threshold center portion doesn't need to be wider & will all be the same. Will post up my results later :D

I need these too, mine were destroyed when I tried to get the screws out. But they are just aluminum and area really malleable. I figured I'd just hit the metal yard and pick up some aluminum sheet and make replacements.

Yep, I need those too!

I'm sure I can get these made up relatively inexpensively but I'd like to have a set to copy rather than design my own. Any volunteers?

I'm sure I can get these made up relatively inexpensively but I'd like to have a set to copy rather than design my own. Any volunteers?

My passanger side are good enough to model after. They are in overall nice condition but my drivers sides are questionable. maybe good enough to extrapolate from given the passanger side reference and the wider span for the wire harness. Can photo them for you and see what you think.

My passanger side are good enough to model after. They are in overall nice condition but my drivers sides are questionable. maybe good enough to extrapolate from given the passanger side reference and the wider span for the wire harness. Can photo them for you and see what you think.

Sounds good. I'll PM you my e-mail.

I used "scuff plates" out of a 60 series. After some trimming, they fit pretty well. I can post pics if anyone is interested.

Just a quick reminder...I believe the wiring harness switched sides (driver vs. passenger side) over the years so there may be diffeerent sizes/thicknesses/widths, etc. and who knows what else? :)

:hmm: Good question question. I l only have 7/70 and 7/75- both of which have the harness on the same side (logistically where they would all be I would thinkbecause of the dash ) and bout the same size wiring harness. But I don't know about very early or late years.

And bump for Battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom