Scrap steel shenanigans. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That would take someone with real talent like a Bob M. I'm just a poser with a couple hammers a welder and scrap steel.

More like a virtuoso, with a couple hammers a welder and scrap steel.

*It took a while to conjure up the word “virtuoso”.
Other front runner adjectives were -

Wizard
Warlock
Mage
Boss
Captain
Commander
Professor
Sensei

Last edited:
So the shower is getting closer

C59B9B0C-1199-4684-B351-EA3DB66A8343.jpeg

What color grout would you go with? I’ve been thinking white.

Great work. I would not go white with those tile colors. To be honest, my wife would likely pick the grout color but, if I were you (or her) I would chose a tanish color that works with the larger tiles. There are likely to be at least 5 or more shades that are in that neighborhood. Take one of the large tiles with you and choose something that "matches" much of the color.

I would let Megadoomer pick the grout color on that one, if I know anything about the doomer he has a knack for picking the exact right shade of black every time.

Looking great!

Yeah I’m not much for white grout either, go with something that won’t look dirty right away...grey?

So machining dies from old 300m axles turns out to be a terrible idea, burning up $60.00 carbide inserts to avoid buying a $45.00 die isn't exactly inline with my spend time in the shop and not spend money plan.
Working on plan B for lower dies.

IMG_20200710_103355721_HDR.jpg

You gonna brace that bottom plate???
I don't know yet , that bottom plate is a plow disc that's about an inch thick in the center so if I add something it will just be for cosmetics. I just finished making a lower die so I can start testing and see if I keep this frame. I had no plan and I have shifted the design around several times so I'll probably focus on learning what works and what doesn't before I make this one too nice.
My original plan was based on this style.
imagemagic.php.jpg

Then that morphed into a version of this one.
planishing-hammer-ph24a(2).jpg

I still have plenty of steel floating around here and think I might have to put a little more thought into this and start over.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom