Builds Saved from scrap - '97 LX450 build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Truck dropped off to Torfab for all the things. Looking forward to some wheeling when I get back to Seattle!
What are all the things? Oil change? Greasing the zerks?

What are all the things? Oil change? Greasing the zerks?
Fuel cooler install (includes the brackets i designed, new filter/ regulator and PTFE lines), oil pressure sender leak, rogue coolant leak.

Looking forward to coming home in 2 weeks and having a truck I can (ab)use again!

Oh right, your fuel preheating issue!

Any chance you can track down a PN for the fans behind your OE radiator? Looks factory and also looks like it bolts right on. Thanks.

Any chance you can track down a PN for the fans behind your OE radiator? Looks factory and also looks like it bolts right on. Thanks.
Fans were part of the engine install by Torfab and the housing is fabricated - I'm sure Torfab can steer you in the right direction.

(I think) the boiling fuel problem is solved. New fuel cooler install seemed to work well today - Fuel tank was 58F when I left the garage in the morning and 59F when I returned home from wheeling for half a day. Cautiously optimistic that all the drama (and unexpected build cost) is behind me.

1.jpg

Not going to lie, I was pretty happy to see the Jeep having mechanical issues instead of me. :cool:

LOL!!
PXL_20230204_195207126.jpg

Also learned the hard way that leaving the GoPro on maximum resolution will eat your battery faster than i can charge new ones. Really wanted some shots of the suspension and fuel cooler in action but my poor planning
(and lack of reading instruction manuals) had other ideas 🙄

Any reason you mounted the remote box outside the bumper?
I put mine together before Delta had their mounting solution for ComeUp integrated for the front bumper, so i made my own. Not much room in there with the 12.5k anyway.

Looks like a fun time; your cruiser needs a week at the spa to get cleaned up. She has some mud on her. What broke on the jeep?
Generic SwitchPro locked up and controlled compressor, lockers, lights.

Also learned the hard way that leaving the GoPro on maximum resolution will eat your battery faster than i can charge new ones. Really wanted some shots of the suspension and fuel cooler in action but my poor planning
(and lack of reading instruction manuals) had other ideas 🙄
Yah same issue also its design means you cant have it connected on usb power. Not to impressed tbh

Another good day in the snow. About 18' of fresh fluff above 3000'. Managed to make it to the top with no lockers engaged to prove a point, though it would have been a hell of a lot easier if I'd pressed the button =)
PXL_20230216_211649606.jpg
PXL_20230216_212127552.jpg
PXL_20230216_215553137.jpg
received_742719900763807.jpeg
PXL_20230216_213219603.jpg

I really need to get my rig back on the road while there is still some snow up on the hill.
I hadn't planned on hitting the snow yesterday, but I'd driven up to the north end of town for a Dr. appointment and saw all the snow in the hills - Drove home and grabbed the Cruiser to get out and enjoy it. The snow was in a lot better shape than I expected for this time of year and there was plenty of it.

Whole lot of derp. I really need to do something about visibility to my SwitchPro. I turned on pretty well everything but the lockers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom