Events/Trails Save The Date: Fall Crawl at the Cove in Gore, VA October 25th-27th! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There was a dude, a few years ago, who drove his topless 40 from VA, in the rain, to CMCC, and wheeled it . May have been @DustyFJ ?

Return the favor

Debating if I trust my 40 to make it 300+ mi round trip and a weekend of trail beatings. This looks like a good time... If anyone from PA is going and has a chase vehicle or a trailer - this trip would put my uncomfortably far out of my AAA premium plan's towing range ;).
AAA has something called a premier membership. It allows 1 200 mile tow per year and 3 100 mile tows. I live about 175 miles from the cove and have this plan just for that. Unless you role it the most I see you breaking is a birf. In that case you have lock out hubs and you drive it home.

Drive it. @surfishjoe has been there with his taco on 33's and small lift. He probably has some feed back.

I have AAA but I can’t remember if I sprung for premier. I’ll investigate.

AAA has something called a premier membership. It allows 1 200 mile tow per year and 3 100 mile tows. I live about 175 miles from the cove and have this plan just for that. Unless you role it the most I see you breaking is a birf. In that case you have lock out hubs and you drive it home.

Drive it. @surfishjoe has been there with his taco on 33's and small lift. He probably has some feed back.
We also have access to LC parts locally, in the event you need a replacement something or other.

Drive it, wheel it, break it, fix it, drink about it, repeat... I’m driving my 40 down... we’ll caravan of you’re willing to keep it under a hundred

If I can swing the trip I’ll keep it at 55 so all you 2Fers can keep up :)

Looks like I went for AAA “Plus” membership but not Premier - I figured Rausch is 105mi from my house so I could pony up the cost for the last 5mi of the tow if push came to shove.

Sounds like I’ll need to upgrade...

Last edited:
There was a dude, a few years ago, who drove his topless 40 from VA, in the rain, to CMCC, and wheeled it . May have been @DustyFJ ?

Return the favor
That was Chris Bashore. Somewhere I have a picture of him on RT80 with goggles. It's pretty good.

I remember you showing up late night having driven through the rain.
I kinda now remember not wanting to stop so the rain only hits the windshield lol. Hope it doesn’t rain this year

Waiting for my brake booster to come back from being rebuilt. It’s sorta lost right now. RocAuto is looking into it.

Friday bump!
We have 44 spots left.
That's 41 spots filled in the first nine days of registration.
If we keep up this pace, registration will be full by the end of August. All the more reason to register ASAP and secure your spot!

Click HERE to register.

Closest airport? Asking for @kasassy

Probably Dulles... Unless they are catching a regional flight
About 1.5 hrs east. Lots of us coming from that way if their is a need for a 'mud Uber.

She'd be coming from Burlington VT.

Looks like her best bet is to fly into Dulles:

Then take a picturesque drive through Northwestern, VA
1565836383502.png

1565836650440.png

There are quicker routes between Dulles and Gore, but 50 (or 7) are nice drives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom