Sandy the Troopy Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update-
Most of the parts are now here! Last night I installed the big end and main bearing. Tested them with plastigauge to be sure I had right clearances and the where in spec! :)

Picked up the new injectors as well and tidy up a few more things.

Just waiting on rear seal retainer gasket and then I can finish the 12ht.

Now looking at sorting the power steering before I put the engine in. I got hold of a 55 series steering column and going to use a 75 series intermediate shaft to connect to the 60 steering box and 75 series drag link and tie rod.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Some more progress. chassis all painted up, Got the 60 turbo tach mounted up with 40 surround, gearbox and transfer rebuilt, power steering, ripped all the gear I need out if the 60 and motors going in soon.
20160211_140752.jpg
20160211_141202.jpg
20160219_192821.jpg
20160215_163900.jpg
20160219_215704.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on this ride... Subscribed... :clap::hmm::steer:

Last edited:
i have put the 12ht into the 47 series, with a 5 speed box, you can put the handbrake on to the back of the five speed box also, and shorten the tail shaft to the rear, and lengthen the front tail shaft, do the rear main seal on the 12ht and also the front seal on the motor, then do the front seal on the gearbox and also put a new spigot bearing in the rear crank shaft put new bolts on the flywheel, and a new 12ht clutch and pressure plate in, if you do all of that then you wont have trouble when you are doing your trip, at the radiator on the bottom ,you will need to shift the bottom pipe onto an angle out to the chassie and up, so the bottom hose wont hit the pwr steering pulley on the pump, Now the air filters can go onto the mudguards and link them into one so you have xtra air available to the turbo (see the picks of mine), on the exhaust side take it out past and under the left side step and put the muffler under the floor and then just out the front of the left wheal,.

Hope this helps you in fixing your tojo with the 12ht motor.....call me if you want more info....Cheers for now West Ausie Bill...0452089113

DSCF1255.jpg

DSCF1256.jpg

DSCF1287.jpg

Morning all.
Have you replaced the short water hose, from the water pump housing, to the thermostat, the one behind theaircon adjuster, as this is the time to do it and not out on the road somewhere.....this will be a good build....Cheers for now.....wEST Ausie Bill....0452089113

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom